Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket id #44926

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 1 2014 2:55 PM (9 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 11:14 AM

What did nackjickleson score in Round 2 at RSG?  It's over, but no score shows up by that name, yet this player has advanced to Round 3.

What's up with that?

Thanks for your time.

AlaskanDame

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 11:48 AM

This Bracket (just in case anybody might ask)

Interesting display, empty score wins against WD.

Furtheron, there's no display of this round in the player's profile, only the 26 from the first round (Par3).

Did he play the second round? Which secret hides behind this guy? (just kidding)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 2:01 PM

@AlaskanDame: The reason this player advanced is because there was no player for them to play against since in the first round both of the players he could have played against withdrew from the tournament. This is different than if a player advances and then decides to forfeit after the round has begun. In that case, the player that is still in the round must post a score. But if there is no player to play against due to them withdrawing in the previous round, that player will automatically advance.

(Alosso, thanks for the link to the bracket. And I am not being a snarky, being serious)

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 3:21 PM

Thanks for the explanation.  I've been wasting balls, thinking I had to play the round even with no opponent.  ;-)

AKDame

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:43 PM

WGTadmin:
    (Alosso, thanks for the link to the bracket. And I am not being a snarky, being serious)
    You're welcome!

But, snarky? No comprende - had to follow Dane Cook's advice. <wg>

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:10 AM

Same bracket.   3 of the 4 semifinalists have WD'd, leaving only me in the finals.   So, as long as I don't start a round, I don't have to play and I still win the finals, right?

Finals are treated no differently from your response above about earlier rounds?

(I know this doesn't really matter as it is a no-credit bracket, but I like to understand the rules.  Thanks.)

AKDame

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 12:02 PM
    You have to play to win or you'll be classed as a WD too.
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 1:29 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Same bracket.   3 of the 4 semifinalists have WD'd, leaving only me in the finals.   So, as long as I don't start a round, I don't have to play and I still win the finals, right?

I think so.

You advanced with your score due to the WD of your semifinal opponent. Now you see no opponent in the final because none of the semifinalists on the other side came through, both WDed. The logic displayed will make you the winner. Prove it by not playing.

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:44 AM

courteneyfish:
    You have to play to win or you'll be classed as a WD too.

Just FYI, in case you face the same situation some day, I did not play the final round but I still wound up winning it because there was no opponent.

alosso, the logic did carry through to the final.

31 Jul
    AlaskanDame came in first place inLegend Bracket 9H Free.
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 2:55 PM

Thanks a lot.

"Again what learned" (German denglish insider)

RSS