Help › Forums

TourPro Tier Bracket: #44796

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 1 2014 1:10 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cuber
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:51 AM

What happened with this bracket? Almost all players WD (including me) - but I didn't voluntarily withdraw. Did I not play fast enough and got timed out?

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:48 PM

Cuber:

What happened with this bracket? Almost all players WD (including me) - but I didn't voluntarily withdraw. Did I not play fast enough and got timed out?

Hey Cuber. Can you provide us with a screenshot of the bracket? We'll need to see what has happened in this case. Thanks a lot. 

The link below has instructions on how to take a sceenshot for different platforms.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:10 PM

WGTyphoon:
    Can you provide us with a screenshot of the bracket? We'll need to see what has happened in this case.

Does this imply that you cannot find and view a bracket from it's number?

And, clicking the latest "speed bracket" in his profile shows the results which you demand - is that too difficult for you?

Furtheron there's missing an advice how to send the pics to you - by PM or ????

This kind help looks like "help"!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:30 PM

alosso: Ease off on Typhoon. We ask players to provide screenshots of the tournament since when looking at the Score History the number is not present unless you click on the tournament. If the tournament hasn't ended, we cannot see the bracket ID. Check for yourself.

http://screencast.com/t/qzwr7fUj9b

Additionally, there are players that play 20 of these brackets each day. Since the number does not appear, there are too many tournaments to review to determine which one the player is speaking of. That is why we ask for their assistance.

As for the screenshot help, it was provided. Try not berating a forum mod when all they are here to do is help. Your post did nothing to help this player or move the conversation forward. From the words of most mothers, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:59 PM

I accept your cue, assuring that it certainly was not meant personal.

Alas, with direct access to the servers, you should be able to work with bracket no. information which your client gave to you. If not, your system and your tools are to blame.

All I'm asking for is intelligent help which uses the information available. It should be you to provide direct and better help. With constructive critique, I tried to move your helping capacities forward.

And, please don't teach me concerning good boys' manners - I've passed that age.

Enjoy your day!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 3:22 PM

We do appreciate constructive criticism, just not sarcasm unless you know the mod. Only time will tell about the manners.

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 3:51 PM

Hope this is visible:

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 4:27 PM

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 1:09 AM

WGTadmin:

sarcasm

Uh? I beg to differ.

Some positive experience might have eased my spirit. Five of six of my requests have been ignored this year, though bumped a month ago. This leads to some (comprehensible?) dissatisfaction of the client on this side of the screen.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 3:01 AM

WGTadmin:
    Try not berating a forum mod when all they are here to do is help. Your post did nothing to help this player or move the conversation forward. From the words of most mothers, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Gee someone is a tad over-sensitive today.

In the past often the Mods have been nowhere to be found, with no comment at all, or it would be in some cases days after the question was asked.

So in turn it is usually the players that give advice and remedies for fellow players.Alosso has helped numerous players over the years I have been here - more so than most of the Mods here.

The difference is the Moderators are paid to do this, and the players pay to play the game. Simple fact is the reply from Typhoon was somewhat ambiguous - yes instructions how to screenshot, but then what? I will criticize a Mod where they in my opinion, are wrong, give poor advice or simply avoid a direct answer.

As a moderator you have to assume the player has little knowledge, so detail your reply. Now I know your job is not easy and are in a position that you will never please everyone, but that comes with the territory, like it or not.

As for your quoted saying, this is true, many people have been told this including myself. But to me this shows a lack of intelligence, in fact a lack of personality where you are too concerned that you may upset someone in this era of political correctness.

I would rather people speak their mind, dissect what they say and perhaps even learn from it, or at least have a counter argument.

By saying nothing we breed subservient people not capable of making decisions - all followers and no leaders.

Edit: I do have some knowledge of being a Mod - I used to do some part time Mod work on an aviation website when I was in the industry.

And a note to WGTAdmin and All WGT Mods - remember respect is earned.

• PAGES
RSS