Help › Forums

What balls???

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 29 2014 6:04 PM (9 replies)
  • scaredcrow
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:09 AM

Hi,

I play a driver with 3.5 meter speed and same with my irons.

What balls would I need to play with (no sniggering) to give me a slower meter?

Would they need a meter speed above 3.5?

Any help appreciated.......no schoolboy answers about the speed of my balls :)

Thanks

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:23 AM

A higher number is always better for the players: More distance, more spin, more...

"feel"

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:34 AM

I would suggest the WGT G13-s ball.  It is only 99 credits per sleeve and has a 2.5 meter which is way slower than what you are using now.  I used this ball until I reached Legend and needed the added distance.  You can certainly spend more and get an even slower meter for between 300 and 750 credits per sleeve.  I'd try these first and see if you like them. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:16 AM

scaredcrow:
    What balls would I need to play with (no sniggering) to give me a slower meter?

The higher the number, the slower the meter. As for what number works for you, the only way you're going to know is by trying them. They don't have to be 3.5, the cheapest Callaways are 2.5 and with your 3.5 clubs I think you'd do just fine. You can get slower meter balls but they're going to cost you.  GL.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    the cheapest Callaways are 2.5 and with your 3.5 clubs I think you'd do just fine.

Agree!  Plus you can always play a few practice holes with the free wgt ball and then switch back to the L33 Callaway ball to make the meter seem slow(er) again. :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:34 PM

I will go off on a tangent here, but I had a quick look at your equipment - great driver and irons but before a new ball I would upgrade your wedges (3) and putter.

In the UK credit offers seem pretty good, so take a little time to do these if you are not willing (or can't afford) to put some coin into the game.

At masters tier and your equipment I do not see the need for any ball better than the Cally L33 - should be manageable, especially after using the starters - and a wise tip from HP re using a starters to trick your mind into the speed of a better ball - I hear even the yellow callys seem slower then :))

I used the WGT Tour SD virtually all the way from master to legend (sometimes I would splash out on the Srixon or the Cally).

To me this game is worth spending a few pennies on as it is pretty cheap entertainment, especially if your ball cost is minimal.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:09 PM

+1 Alan!

alanti:
    To me this game is worth spending a few pennies on as it is pretty cheap entertainment, especially if your ball cost is minimal.

QFT.

• scaredcrow
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 2:53 PM

Thanks all for the help.

Going to start with the 99 credit g-13s ball and see if that does what I need.

Atlanti, thanks for the suggestions, next on my list is definitely 3 wedges.

cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 4:57 PM

scaredcrow:
    Going to start with the 99 credit g-13s ball and see if that does what I need.

Don't get sucked in by the meter speed. You sacrafice a lot of good spin and distance by looking at those slower meters.

The ball WGT gives away for entering special tournaments is a GI-SD ball. Try the ones you have, if you have any, but you get nice spin and distance help, the meter isn't too bad and best of all, the deviation you get when you miss the ding with those cheaper balls is nothing like with the more expensive ones. You can actually play to miss with them and get good results.

You will adapt to the meter speed quicker than you think, just don't give up too soon.  :-)

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 6:04 PM

used tour sd ball all the way to tour master gr8 ball for 65 creds a sleeve

RSS