Help › Forums

Best clubs?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 30 2014 3:23 PM (8 replies)
  • jVRNO
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:00 AM

Hi there,

I just ranked to amateur, level 25 with 490 credits. I guess there's no more to come for free, so I'm just asking the best way how to use these credits. Iron set? Pair of wedges?

Currently I'm using these WGT B-XD, since lost every Callaway ball from tutorial to bushes and water. Would like to have couple of creds saved in case I need balls.

So what would be the best combination? Thanks for answers!

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:52 AM

jVRNO:

Hi there,

I just ranked to amateur, level 25 with 490 credits. I guess there's no more to come for free, so I'm just asking the best way how to use these credits. Iron set? Pair of wedges?

Currently I'm using these WGT B-XD, since lost every Callaway ball from tutorial to bushes and water. Would like to have couple of creds saved in case I need balls.

So what would be the best combination? Thanks for answers!

Personally I would always go with wedges first.  Anything that will help you get close to the pin from around the green is a huge help.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:07 AM

+1 Shoe!

The poorest of poor "performance" of the Starter wedges hinders progress big time!

About the balls, they have a limited lifetime and get lost, so you'd need new credits constantly. My estimate is 1/10 of the sleeve price per 9 holes strokeplay. Anyway, the cheapest are a good step to precision compared to the freebees.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:13 AM

I would wait till you reach level 31 and then get the Cleveland 64 degree wedge.  It should help you anywhere from 60 yards in. Fairways, rough, sand, fringe etc.  

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 10:55 PM

jVRNO:
    best way how to use these credits

I completely disagree that wedges are the way to go. What you need is to be on GIR and this means irons. I'd suggest that you take advantage of the free credits available and be patient. Get the Ping G25 irons. 

The slower meter will get you on the green, with birdie in reach. Learn how to manage wind and elevation, and birds are there for the taking. 

Good wedges are for when you are close enough off the tee to be using them for throwing darts. Those days are yet to come. Right now, good wedges help you save par. If you're on in reg, you're already putting for bird. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:47 PM
    Save your credits until you get used to the game. Then you'll have a better idea of what you need.
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 7:07 AM

courteneyfish:
    Save your credits until you get used to the game. Then you'll have a better idea of what you need.

Agree.  The first 60 levels go by so fast that you'll outpace your gear at an obscene rate.

In the first 60ish levels, the only thing I'd call "must have" is the R1 that's something like level 43.  Everything else is gravy.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 7:42 AM

MichaelStroke:

courteneyfish:

Agree.  The first 60 levels go by so fast that you'll outpace your gear at an obscene rate.

In the first 60ish levels, the only thing I'd call "must have" is the R1 that's something like level 43.  Everything else is gravy.

+1 you really do need to wait on upgrading your clubs . Nothing of value is at your level . Also dont even waste your credits on balls right now . Play the freebie ball learn the game do the videos and build your credits . You want to make your upgrades last as long as possible and be of value .

Take your time and slow down . If you advance too quickly , you will out pace yourself and thats when the game gets real ugly . So work on your levels , build up and save your credits and learn the game . Good luck and welcome to the game . :-)

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 3:23 PM

JimbeauC:

completely disagree that wedges are the way to go. What you need is to be on GIR and this means irons. I'd suggest that you take advantage of the free credits available and be patient. Get the Ping G25 irons. 

The slower meter will get you on the green, with birdie in reach.

I agree 100% with this!  Spot on!

courteneyfish:

Good point.  :-)

RSS