Forums

Help › Forums

A stupid question.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:46 PM (6 replies)
  • sgarbiv
    42 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:37 PM

How high the flag? I'm trying the new course CTTH, and the 6th hole I get this shotYou hear the sound of the ball that touches the tip of the flag (it would appreciated a stick of starter balls by WGT for this shot! ), but the replay you can see the ball bouncingin the air without touching the flag (about a foot, more or less).

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:29 PM

Rule of thumb...take pin out on approaches

UL  though, looks like you hit the top of it....

These things happen from time to time :)))

replay.aspx?ID=9e8d8e10 eac6 43a8 9410 a07400d61b5c

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:46 AM

First, there's hardly a stupid question :o)

sgarbiv:
    How high the flag?
    It differs ;->

Some replays show "flag" hits well above it's extension - mapping glitches I'd say.

Your shot seems to hit the black top of the flag - as realistic as it can be.

Al's replay, OTOH, has the "in the hole" sound but carooms off nevertheless, very unlucky.

Coincidentally, I saw a video on youtube recently showing a cup being destroyed by a golf ball slam dunk - the ball stayed in!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 11:58 AM

Here's some really unlucky shots (real life) ... here we can pull the flag ...

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:28 PM

Only Merion flagsticks are as unforgiving as WGT's!

And now for something completely different:

Youtube brought to my attention Mr. Kenny Mayne(!) who ventures in golf and other unconventional sports for a TV company. Look out for him, as I liked his approaches to Canal Jumping in The Netherlands and Irish Road Bowling, amonst others.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:58 PM

There is no standard height for the flag stick, though the USGA recommends 7 feet.

Courses subject to a lot of wind often use shorter flag sticks.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:46 PM

ApexPC:
    often use shorter flag sticks.

or taller ones ... had this one in an AS game lol

RSS