Forums

Help › Forums

Mulch

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 26 2014 12:00 AM (4 replies)
  • micheldess
    819 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 11:43 PM

I was on the 7 holes of pinehurst, miss ding by ocean and find myself in mulch

Stay 88 yards  from 15 20% mulch

How i have to  play that shot for a great result ?

Hope the great players help me to progress with  mulch shot in general not only with this exemple but a formula for  plenty  more distance,  like 30 yards to 100 yards and more.

Thank you all in advance and good game

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:26 AM

I rarely ever hit mulch, but when I do, I hit it about 30% harder than I do the fairway.  Give or take.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:01 AM

Punch.  (10 pages of answers by searching mulch.)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:19 PM

Check all info.

If I remember seeing..mulch was more power than sand and even brush, so I agree with the 30%+ as I've remembered it in a blitz shot.

I would only use a wedge. I'm lucky w/ the punch a lot, with extra power and sometimes a full shot w/ the spin dot just on the mulch line, almost full BS.

But I'm still learning. 

edit: I'd like to know the most popular courses for deep brush, mulch etc. because I'd like to get the Cleveland 115 yard wedge and use it on some courses where you may need it for long distance saves.

But I guess I will find out soon enough which are the common games w/ mulch etc.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 12:00 AM

Thank you, i try the 30% more power next time

I open the post to see if people can be very close from the hole with my exemple 88yards and to continue  to progress little bit with my game from every situation. I'm still not good player, learning is a long  process, a long road.

RSS