Forums

Help › Forums

Advertisements on game screen.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:38 AM (9 replies)
  • jack42451
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:20 AM

This game is becoming very frustrating to play with the advertisements that keep popping up at the bottom of the game screen. It's impossible to continue to the next hole without having to fool around with these ads, please remove them.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 10:53 AM

jack42451:

This game is becoming very frustrating to play with the advertisements that keep popping up at the bottom of the game screen. It's impossible to continue to the next hole without having to fool around with these ads, please remove them.

We don't run any ads at the bottom of the games.  I would make sure you don't have any other pages up that may be causing the ads to pop up for you.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 1:04 PM

It gets recommended pretty much daily in the forums, but .....:

Get an Ad Blocker extension for your browser.

You could also check your computers pop-up blocker settings.

• jack42451
    7 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:26 PM

@ApexPC If I turn on my pop-up blocker then the game tells me t won't run because it's on.

• jack42451
    7 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:34 PM

These ads started showing up a day after the WGT website said it was down for maintenance. They never showed up before that and I don't have any other pages or windows running at the time I'm playing golf.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:08 PM
    I think you're confusing adblockers with pop-up blockers. I use the Maxthon browser and Adhunter works fine for me. I never see an ad.
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 2:46 AM

Remember in the UsOpen we saw a long advertisement every time you started a round and then again after hole 9.

I see an alike advertisement now every time I play a round, no matter what kind of round it is.....do we have to deal with those LOOOONG advertisement now when starting a match?

Eric

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:54 AM

jack42451:

These ads started showing up a day after the WGT website said it was down for maintenance. They never showed up before that and I don't have any other pages or windows running at the time I'm playing golf.

If that is the case then you have malware on your PC. Run a scan on your PC with something like Malware bytes or Spy Bot search and destroy to get rid of them. That should get rid of the ads and help your PC run better as well

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:54 AM

jack42451:

If that is the case then you have malware on your PC. Run a scan on your PC with something like Malware bytes or Spy Bot search and destroy to get rid of them. That should get rid of the ads and help your PC run better as well

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:38 AM

jack42451:
    advertisements that keep popping up at the bottom of the game screen.

I had something similar, and it comes back from time to time. Turns out my woes were all in Flash, so a simple dump of all sites cures it. 

Hope it's that simple for you. 

RSS