Forums

Help › Forums

On The 6th Day of Christmas......

Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:04 PM (23 replies)
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:05 AM

We have a very Confused Santa who knows what he'd like, but what about you?

A new putter perhaps, or a bash-'em-longer driver?  Or are you drooling over a nice set of wedges, or new irons?

Let me know, make me smile, and I will be happy to make a wish come true.

Santa is VERY busy today, won't be home until about 10-11 tonight, so I might have a quick peek between meetings today but won't have time for a good long look until tomorrow.

Happy Ho-Ho's

Thomas

• oldvermonter
    15 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:14 AM

If at all possible I'd like the 

NIKE VR Forged Iron Set (L85+)

or 

PING G25 Iron Set (Steel) (L83+)

Thanks all the help I can get will be nice.

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:50 AM

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, or am I mixing Xmas with pirate stories.

I remember reading sometime ago about advice for low level players like myself, and the advice given was to go for a quality 3 wood over a spanking new driver because you could use it twice , off the tee, and off the fairway.

I am not level 89 , but such good things have been said about the BB 3 wood, I feel it would improve my game immensely.

Just played a CC at RSG with heavy winds and several holes are unreachable ( Par 4's ) because the starter 3 wood has to be the worst piece of equipment they ever produced.

Against the wind it lands at 160 and rolls out to 176, a farce.

I will turn level 88 tomorrow, but am happy to wait until level 89 should I be so lucky to be selected.

Will get seriously drunk celebrating if that happens. Don't have to drive for 3 days, lol

Joe the bus driver.

Correction : Level 87 today not 88, but still won't take long to get 89.

• sayanmania
    54 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 1:45 AM

i just turned legend..so my ping g20 (58+) drive ends up way short than others...i need a nike covert 2.0 or similar driver....please fulfill my wish santa  :)

• 5fredflinstone
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:39 AM

As I tend to wash my balls every time I come across a water hazard could i please have someone rig up a net across any water? Not sure if it would be against the rules but one never knows if one doesn't try it out and lets face it what can happen ? disqualification? small price to pay lol, especially if there is no entrance fee lol.

Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas.

Fred.

• Deedan13
    51 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:00 AM

Would love a decent long driver, like the Ping (G25?) L58, because I constantly find myself 250yds away on my second shot on a par 4, and feel it would really help my game improve, especially since moving up to the semi big boy tees lol

Dan

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:59 AM

Thank you Thomas for joining in on the Christmas in July .

It is nice of you to offer a choice like you have .

The give away is running a bit slow , So no need to hurry to hand out your gift .

Please let me know in a PM who got your gift so I can update the list on page # 1 of the help wanted thread .

Thank you .

OPY

• LesaD
    187 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 1:58 PM

This is such a great event, and made even better with all the positive and comical responses.  I have a dear friend that is desperately in need of a new outfit.  She has been wearing the same pants for a week, and the backsides are getting a bit shiny.  

If it's not too expensive, can you please donate the Dusty Rose Fem 1 to

jacqui1965

thank you very much, and thanks again to all who have made this such a success,

Lesa D

• dkjhunt
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 5:43 PM

could i have a taylormade sldr level 79 + driver, its ok if you cant and it could be better for me if you don't because i might end up having to go to the er from falling off my office chair after celebrating ;)

Thanks,

DK

• Melonhead66630
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 6:41 PM

Thanks for the offer newcastleb!

I'd drool over a brand new big driver or set of new irons.  Anything to improve my game.

I seem to have maxed out with the equipment I have.  Heck some better balls would even help.  Of course I'd also need a towel to clean off all the drool.

Merry Christmas all!

RSS