Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Shirt (Elite Collection)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 26 2015 4:25 PM (25 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:42 AM

I was thinking of buying 1 of the shirts from the Elite Collection but have a few questions 1st for those of you who already got 1, especially outside the U.S.

I'm normally an extra large in polo shirt sizes in the UK. Are the US sizes the same?

Would i have to pay an charge like Customs & excise when i receive it via the post?

How come the hats and visors aren't in the pro shop anymore?

Thank you for your answers.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 12:52 PM

hi

I think customs depend on country by country basis. as for hats, I am not sure why they are not there or if they were taken out period.

Best to contact us at members@worldgolftour.com

-wgticon

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 2:19 PM

I ordered 2 to the UK a while back and the VAT and handling charge came to nearly half the value of the shirts. A £40 value for the 2 shirts was printed on the package, and the charge was £16 if I remember correctly.

1 shirt might keep you under the VAT threshold if WGT have changed the way they send the shirts as I suggested to them at the time. A £15+ purchase would attract VAT, but a £36- gift would not. As credits have no monetary value, WGT is buying the shirt for you and sending it to you as a gift. If this is now clearly printed on the package then VAT and the £8 handling charge would be avoided.

However, the shirts are cheap polyester, with a stitched on logo right on the nipple-chafing zone!! So I would not recommend a purchase to anyone else.

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 2:29 PM

fmagnets:

with a stitched on logo right on the nipple-chaffing zone!!

lmao!!

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 3:00 PM

Dazz:

I bought a Large shirt about a year ago now found the photo of Facebook posted 23 feb 2013 so close to 1.5 years ago.

Large - I would say it was a fitted large size so a tad to small for me fitted sizes tend to be 1/2 size smaller then a regular large size so need to take that into account.

Shipping time from USA to Australia was roughly 3 weeks what is not to bad.

UK normally haft to pay import taxes on everything.

The shirt is just a polo funny type/feel texture fabric with a logo on it. Think i have used the shirt twice and just sits there with the rest of the shirts/polo`s i don`t use.

The golf towel is well made.

The hat not so well made

e

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 3:44 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I don't really want to be paying for it when it gets here. I could just go to my local sports shop and buy a Nike shirt for that sort of price. And of course nipple chaffing is a big no no while out on the course :) 

I was really hoping the elite collection would of opened up to lots more real life stuff by now but i guess it's just not to be. I'm not good enough to get enough creds for an amazon card so the golf shirt, hat & towel was a realistic target for me. Such a shame :(

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 4:18 PM

Very nice. I want to get one myself now. 

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 4:47 PM

nipple chafing huh? interesting..............

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 8:04 PM

Every night bazaar in Thailand has cheap shite like that, and it looks every bit as good as the real stuff.

Less than $10 

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 10:13 PM

fmagnets:
    However, the shirts are cheap polyester, with a stitched on logo right on the nipple-chafing zone!! So I would not recommend a purchase to anyone else.

Ive had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing Dazzas torso. With your moobs bud it would have to be an ill placed logo to have your nipples chaffed. 

Forget the shirt mucker and distribute a 100yrd ATV and a couple of sleeves my way !

This would be rewarded with at least a week of complimentary coffee and maybe a pack of Jammy dogers and a boost bar !

RSS