Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 9:14 AM

Merry Christmas to you too folks!! 

Thanks for the input Dave :)

Scott, by desired resolution i mean exactly what you described: custom resolution. Take your time pal. Your work is much appreciated!

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:24 AM

Will do Yiannis, thank you.  ; )

• BunkerFinder71
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 5:46 PM

Solution for me was to load the script - change to fullscreen - change resolution - then change to full screen a second time. The "1/4 inch' issue is no more.

• msulaman
    447 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 3:33 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to replay the last shot in the new downloadable version of this game? (Talking about the new version that is to replace the current flash based version). Also is there a way to save shots in this desktop version?

I apologize if this question has already been answered in the main forums but I haven't been able to find an answer in my search there.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 12:45 AM

Pretty sure that's a 'no' currently mm. Unless you use a screen recorder to record your game from the start. Hopefully WGT are planning to add a save/replay feature before too long.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 9:54 AM
    Unity Game Resize 
    for Windows only

This application's main feature is the ability to change the Unity game (PCEA) window to whatever size you want.

If you are interested in this application, I would suggest reading the...

...before downloading or installing anything.

There are seven features in this application and a brief description of these are...

RESIZER WINDOW
    CTRL + SHIFT + R
    This window allows you to input pixel values to resize and position the game window.

FULLSCREEN
    CTRL + SHIFT + F
    The fullscreen option makes the game fill the entire screen without covering the taskbar.

MAXIMIZE/RESTORE
    CTRL + SHIFT + M
    Toggles between a maximized or fullscreen window and the last window size that wasn't fullscreen or maximized. A maximized window covers the whole screen including the taskbar, but the window titlebar is accessible.

WINDOW
    CTRL + SHIFT + W
    The window option resizes and centres the game window to fill approximately 85% of the area of your screen not occupied by the taskbar.

HIDE GAME
    CTRL + SHIFT + H
    Hides or unhides the game window, resizer window if open, taskbar icons for those windows and also the AutoHotkey system tray icon.

ALWAYS ON TOP
    CTRL + SHIFT + T
    Makes the current active window always on top. This is a toggle shortcut, so applying it a second time to the same window will remove the always on top.

EXIT
    CTRL + SHIFT + X
    Exits out of the script. Shortcut keys will no longer work.

Links & Downloads

AutoHotkey

Unity Game Resize AutoHotkey Script

Unity Game Resize Executable File

WGT Game Reinstall for Windows
    Reinstall WGT (not for steam)

1.) Create a system restore point. (This is not strictly necessary if you are going to skip step 4).

2.) Uninstall the WGT Launcher the normal way first, either via the control panel or from the start menu or windows settings / apps.

3.) Next, go into your Program Files or Program Files (x86) in Windows explorer, and find and delete the Topgolf folder.

4.) Open up the registry editor, navigate your way to this key... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\WGT ...and delete it.

click to view

5.) If you don't want to manually edit the registry in step 4, download and run THIS file, it will delete the key for you. You will get some warning pop-ups about editing the registry when you run the file, just okay those if you are happy to proceed.

6.) Reboot your PC.

7.) You can now re-install the game. HERE is a link for the game download.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:46 AM

You are the man Scott!!!! Hats off sir!!

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:45 AM

Thank you Yiannis. ; )

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 3:35 AM

Wow it only to me nearly 10 years to find this thread woo hoo and thanks for all the great tips... woo hoo

Dotty

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 4:05 AM

Thank you Dotty and welcome. No guarantees that there is something here for everyone, but have a rummage and you might find something you never knew you didn't want, lol.   ; )

RSS