Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 10:18 AM

ScottHope:

Ladychipper:
    Hi Scott,
    Is there a way you can set up the green speed on this?
    Hi Marion, I'm sorry but I have never managed to work out a way of changing the green speed on the practise holes. WGT have locked that one up good and tight.

andwhy67:
    Scott,
    How do I use the pinhunter wind and shot formula when playing, I'm really not computer savvy, help much appreciated if you could.
    Personally for what you've done here and little bits for everybody over the years, you should never buy balls again!!
    **edit, think I've sussed it**
    Okay Andy, let me know if you need any help with it.

People here have been very generous to me and I have a good stock of balls at the moment. : )

Nope, cant enter anything in no.4

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 11:03 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I can't imagine my WGT life without him and all his cool stuff.
    He's DA MAN! What can I say... :-)
    Cheers Simon. Unfortunately Tampermonkey isn't available for IE. Maybe there is a script manager out there somewhere for it.

andwhy67:
    Nope, cant enter anything in no.4
    Andy, I thought I had Gary's calculator on my system somewhere, but I can't find it right now, might have to download it again. Then I might be able to sort you out.

EDIT : By no.4 do you mean cell B5 the wind direction value? That cell should have a drop down arrow show when you click it, then you can select a value from 1 to 12 from the drop down list.

Typing a value directly into that cell that is outside the allowed range of 1-12, will throw up a data entry error pop-up.

• Ladychipper
    22,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 12:05 PM

Thanks Scott!  It is a very useful tool.  :-)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 12:53 PM

ScottHope:
    EDIT : By no.4 do you mean cell B5 the wind direction value? That cell should have a drop down arrow show when you click it, then you can select a value from 1 to 12 from the drop down list.

No, the wind offset, it doesn't change at all, I put in 500 yds for the previous hole I played which happened to be at BPB, because of the elevated greens, it didnt change at all.

On the website it says download to dropbox, do I need excel or something else, apart from that i found the calculations very good and quite close, I ended up using the 'marker box' which is as some say 10yds and didnt do too bad.

I would like to get it to work properly if I could.

Andy

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 1:13 PM

Ladychipper:
    Thanks Scott!  It is a very useful tool.  :-)
    Cheers Marion, glad you like it.  ; )

andwhy67:
    On the website it says download to dropbox, do I need excel or something else, apart from that i found the calculations very good and quite close, I ended up using the 'marker box' which is as some say 10yds and didnt do too bad. I would like to get it to work properly if I could.
    Yes, you do need either Excel or Open Office to use it, I think you could probably open it in Google Sheets too.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 2:38 PM

Thanks Scott,

Actually using dropbox, I think I sorted it. Distances seem to change when i put in the yardage, direction etc. I assume the wind offset is the amount you would allow for wind, aiming left, right etc.

Hence the reason on the website they mention the width of the aim box being 10 yds, Young46 uses a ruler and aims with his arrow/cursor.

But I will try the others anyway, thanks again.

ScottHope:
    andwhy67:
    On the website it says download to dropbox, do I need excel or something else, apart from that i found the calculations very good and quite close, I ended up using the 'marker box' which is as some say 10yds and didnt do too bad. I would like to get it to work properly if I could.
    Yes, you do need either Excel or Open Office to use it, I think you could probably open it in Google Sheets too.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:59 PM

ScottHope:
    Cheers Simon, but I don't think this works in IE as the date input is not supported. I'm looking at jQuery to see if that can help, but it might be a while.

It's alright, Scott. Take your time. I can wait. :-)

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 8:45 AM

Sorry Simon, I edited my post after you had read and quoted it because I overlooked something rather major, and that is that Tampermonkey isn't available for IE. Maybe if you can find a script manager for IE we might be in with a chance, but IE always has to be different, thank you Bill Gates!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 12:54 AM

ScottHope:

Sorry Simon, I edited my post after you had read and quoted it because I overlooked something rather major, and that is that Tampermonkey isn't available for IE. Maybe if you can find a script manager for IE we might be in with a chance, but IE always has to be different, thank you Bill Gates!

LOL  It's all fine, Scott. I can live without it.

Yeah, too bad MS being a pain in the butt most of times, but still I'd buy Bill's products rather than Apple/Macintosh. This is another story though so let's not elaborate it.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 1:19 PM

ScottHope:

• You can install many scripts into Tampermonkey to achieve tasks on different websites. You are only limited by the script writers skill and knowledge.

Good luck. ; )

lol just reread this post .....

wishing I had a clue how to begin writing a script....I don't..

that leaves Scott :-)

RSS