Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 12:57 AM

KenBTEXAS:
    'WoW' is all I can think to say.
    Got it up and running in a matter of a few seconds (clicks) you couldn't have made it more difficult?? (so easy I feel like I am cheating :-)  )
    Have it set for a match this afternoon. I will let you know if I miss my match... LoL
    Thanks
    KenB
    That's great Ken, you put a big smile on my face this morning. I needed at least one person to give it a go to reassure me that it would work for someone else.
    Thanks to Jan Biniok too for Tampermonkey. : )

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 4:34 AM

You can now try it before you install it. If the interactive demo works for you then it should work if you install it.

Countdown Interactive Demo

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:36 AM

Scott you are a genuis my friend, Up and Running in 30 secs!

Superb work.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:03 AM

Sc0tt sh0uId be in the HaII 0f FAme.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:20 AM

lonnieskinner:

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:22 AM

Thank you very much guys. Have to say I'm quite chuffed with the way it turned out too.  : )

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:21 AM

ScottHope:

An older version of this can be found HERE.

Play One Hole
    with wind and tee options

Hello all. I've been tweaking the 'practise one hole' feature of WGT to make it a bit easier to customize. The only downside is it means using Javascript again, but the usual rules apply for this.

Copy all the blue text in the box below, then right click on THIS webpage and select Inspect or Inspect Element from the menu to open up the developer tools. In the developer tools, click the Console tab and, at the text cursor, paste in the copied text, then hit your enter [Return] key, (CTRL + enter for IE). Now you can close the developer tools [X].

The four selection groups contain radio buttons for choosing your Course, Hole, Tee and Wind strength. (Not all the courses experience 20-30mph winds. So if you make that selection for one of those courses, you will experience winds in the high teens instead.). Once you have made your selections, hit the GO! button to launch the game client. The picture behind the selection boxes shows the view of your selected hole from the front tee.

Enjoy!

// *** PRACTISE ONE HOLE v04.10.2018.1 ***
    $("<script>").attr({src:"https://pastebin.com/raw/bs1U8gxK/",type:"text/javascript"}).appendTo("body");
    //END

29th Sept 2018 : Oakmont has been disabled by WGT now, not playable at all.

Play One Hole
    with wind and tee options

I have made a much more user friendly version of this now. No Javascript that you have to mess about with, just make your selections and play.

Play One Hole

Hi Scott,

Is there a way you can set up the green speed on this? 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:33 AM

Scott,

How do I use the pinhunter wind and shot formula when playing, I'm really not computer savvy, help much appreciated if you could.

Personally for what you've done here and little bits for everybody over the years, you should never buy balls again!!

**edit, think I've sussed it**

Nope I cant enter anything in no. 4

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:53 AM

Ladychipper:
    Hi Scott,
    Is there a way you can set up the green speed on this?
    Hi Marion, I'm sorry but I have never managed to work out a way of changing the green speed on the practise holes. WGT have locked that one up good and tight.

andwhy67:
    Scott,
    How do I use the pinhunter wind and shot formula when playing, I'm really not computer savvy, help much appreciated if you could.
    Personally for what you've done here and little bits for everybody over the years, you should never buy balls again!!
    **edit, think I've sussed it**
    Okay Andy, let me know if you need any help with it.

People here have been very generous to me and I have a good stock of balls at the moment. : )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:58 AM

lonnieskinner:

I can't imagine my WGT life without him and all his cool stuff.

He's DA MAN! What can I say... :-)

RSS