vs
    vs
    vs
    vs
    vs
    vs
    vs
    SCORE   SCORE

Hey I got it to work!!!  Very cool Scott , thank you.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 7:54 PM

Excellent tips as always Scott!

Andy

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 1:24 AM
    Cheers boys. Paul, you'll be creating entire webpages by the weekend.  : )

EDIT : I wasn't sure why you had that bar above the table in your post Paul until I tried it out myself, then I realised I hadn't made it very easy to type text either above or below the table. Rectified that now by adding a couple of paragraph tags to the code, thanks mate.
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 7:21 AM

I feel I must comment on this thread's title.....you don't DO junk Scott! 

The advise/tips you constantly share with the community are a true blessing...how about "Scott's This 'n That" thread, or "Worthless to 98.7% of you, but someone might find it useful" thread....but not junk  :)

Thomas

EDIT----and thanks for showing about the aim marker....always wondered how it managed to 'jump' somewhere

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 7:51 AM
    You're right Thomas, I shouldn't do myself down, I'll change it.

That aim marker is an odd one, I had some instances where my shots didn't make any sense, but I just put it down to me doing something daft. It was only after when Jayw posted a video of a shot of his going astray that I investigated it further and came up with that conclusion.

Thank you.
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 4:47 AM

For those not a gifted as Scott – if you want to use colours and other text effects – another way to achieve these is to simply type your text in Microsoft Word (or similar)apply the colours and effects you want –

and then copy & paste directly into the post.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 6:20 AM

For those not a gifted as Scott – if you want to use colours and other text effects – another way to achieve these is to simply type your text in Microsoft Word (or similar) –apply the colours and effects you want –

and then copy & paste directly into the post.

There's certainly an advantage to be gained by using MS word to achieve what you have done above hakman, because doing the same thing myself by typing in the HTML code longhand was painful and laborious, ( which is what I did above ).  The only downside is that MS word puts more code into the post.

P.S. I'm not 'gifted', I've just learnt by looking stuff up and trial and error after error. : )

Thread Index

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 9:03 AM

Copy and paste to WGT forum test 1.

Failed,  used the "paste from word" icon and the effects showed on the template that popped up but then turned to plain text but bolded here.   

I'll try again later...

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 9:11 AM

Don't use any of their icons.  Nothing fancy - just do it as if you were copying something from one document to another in Word.

Simply highlight the text in Word

Press    [Cntrl] c    to  copy

Go to the post window - and place the cursor where you wish to place the text

Press [Cntrl] v   to paste              Done!

And Scott - I failed to thank-you for all the great tips. I really appreciate them.  I understand that the MS Word method may make the post longer in the background - but it is a hell of a lot easier for the "Poster".

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 9:20 AM

ScottHope:
    because doing the same thing myself by typing in the HTML code longhand was painful and laborious,

And I thought I was a little strange!!!    lol

RSS