Forums

Help › Forums

Create a Gallery to watch other players' matches...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 9 2017 2:07 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BrentReed
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 1:43 PM

I think it would be really cool to add access to a virtual gallery so that players and visitors can actually watch other players' matches and tournaments!  I think sometimes it would be really interesting to watch a friend or foe go at it with other players.  Is it do-a-ble?  What does everyone think about this idea?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 2:25 PM

This is a popular request.

As of now the closest thing I can see happening is a multi twitch. I have an idea about using Twitch & WGT members to set up a multi camera broadcast of a WGT game.

Twitch tv is a site where people can watch other gamers playing games. A text chat box is also available.

If up to 4 WGT players have a twitch account and set up a twitch game stream, an audience can watch all 4 screens on one webpage using multi twitch. (or they can choose to watch only 1, 2 or 3 viewpoints of the four player game!)

I have a Twitch WGT  stream but if up to 3 other members play and stream the same game they are all playing then you type in multitwitch.tv/NAME_HERE/NAME_HERE etc. and viewers can watch the viewpoints of each and all.

What would be cool is that when I am driving the ball the other players select the OTHER CAMERAS so the viewers can have all different angles of the shot !

This would be cutting edge and I welcome any requests to try it.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 3:07 PM

(again, "up to 3 other members play and stream the same game they are all playing then you type in multitwitch.tv/NAME_HERE/NAME_HERE etc. and viewers can watch the viewpoints of each and all.")

Furthermore, the users can employ voice chat (C3, Teamspeak free public servers, etc.) to broadcast things like their own mic, 'hosts' or commentators, or audience member voices who join the public VC room or server. (or any combination of the options)

I have Twitch and C3 and Teamspeak and it's all free of charge and there are free public rooms for VC available.

Also, below is an example of what a 3 player multi twitch broadcast would look like to the spectator. The viewer can also choose which chat box to access.

The twitch gamers can coordinate a broadcast where player 1 is driving, and player 2 is showing the zoom camera, etc. (fig 1)

They can also choose to separately view the scorecard, equipment, player profile/stats or  hole info, etc. (fig 2)

Each gamer may also add things like live camera inserts, host shots, and the free XSplit gamecaster can also add cool stuff like the 'chalkboard' or telestrator. (fig 3)

Figure 1 (3 player multi twitch)

Figure 2 (scorecard, profile, etc.)

Figure 3 (gamer/hosts inserts, 'chalkboard' telestrator visual aid, etc)

Twitch members have the free option to save all broadcasts separately in an archive to view the game at a later time.

I'm wondering if anyone has the idea to try this, it's all free of charge, and I found it easy to produce.

[all images are simulated pictures]

edit: actual excerpt of a multi twitch 10/21

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:10 AM

That Twitch looks impressive, I'll investigate further.

Our CC have been using Livestream to broadcast matches but the free version has pretty limited features.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:03 PM

We have looked in the service Twitch.  We are looking at the best possible ways of doing it in the future.

- WGTdbloshoe

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:11 PM

Just some points to add and consider are that the multi twitch viewer can control the volume of the audio broadcast of each stream individually.

Usually because of slight delay the viewer will mute all but one volume from the multi screen. (they all default to lowest as you can see on the figures) 

The gamers/streamers choose how to broadcast the audio. (a gamer may choose to broadcast silent perhaps w/ game sounds only, or the same gamer may choose to broadcast his/her voice only, or they may choose to broadcast one or several voice chat rooms/servers**)

The voice chat (Teamspeak or C3 etc) rooms may have the option to be public or password protected.

Basically, the choice can be made to broadcast only the members voices playing the game, or the players and 'hosts' or close friends who enter the VC room and are watching (note: there is a delay between the live players and twitch viewers) or even players, hosts and any viewers voices who can enter the rooms.

(individual rooms can be made then and the group volume level of players, 'hosts' and spectators can be lowered or raised individually, or even muted by the master broadcaster of the VC audio.) 

This may sound a little complex but this is common SOP by twitch streamers.

C3 ,and maybe other VC programs, may use the phone in option where someone without the VC program can call in from their cell or landline and be added to the room. The quality may not be as good but the caller doesn't have to take the 7 minutes to install C3, albeit free and easy.

I personally think this would be a welcome and exciting change to the Twitch community because a large percentage of the games on Twitch are of a mindless ,bloody and violent nature.

So, IMO, there is a potentiality to offer an choice that is more cerebral & relaxing than the simple shoot-em-up gaming.  

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jun 29 2014 10:51 PM

With such a large number of WGT players, I think a lot more players should look into the free service of  Twitch WGT   and contact me to engage world golf tour in the streaming world.

I think currently there are only approx a dozen WGT twitch streamers, if that.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Jun 29 2014 11:07 PM

No offense, but I just don't see much of a market for it.. it's hard for me to watch a golf match on the TV, let alone something like this. Maybe it's just me.. carry on.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 12:58 AM

I don't really disagree so much.

But you touch on a lot of points. As of now I have 4 followers on Twitch and when I stream I usually don't have anyone watching. But here are some points I'd like to bring up.

1) 'no market for it' , I'm not really looking to get cash out of it, even if that not what you meant. Actually some gamers are playing stupid games like Minecraft and making more dollars per hour that I have at my job. Many popular GAMERS are making approx over 60 bucks and hour. This gamer 'Summit' streams full time as his job. He's got about 234,995 followers.

1b) 'no market for people to care to watch' , well maybe but if a whole bunch of people start doing it, others watch. Like Honey Boo Boo. The thing about Twitch is that it's not just the game, it's the interaction w/ the audience...it's like hanging at a house party and someone is playing a game and talking to you.

A lot of people just watch gamers because the person is friendly, and many don't even care what game they are playing. That's a key point.

2) I do it just because it's fun and free, and then I can watch my archived game and learn. This is a big point, I can see my power meter, back spin, ding or not ding,  etc, and that is not recorded on your WGT replays. I've learned a lot in retrospect by seeing my game again.

3) you can easily edit highlights and take the best part of the game and make a clip. This is cool because instead of watching a whole WGT game (even though some players like the OP and others want a gallery ** ) you can watch just a 45 second clip of the best parts.

4) some of the great players on here can mentor w/ the voice chat or give great tips while they play, then make a highlight or tutorial video. The whole forum is filled w/ people saying a lot of the same things and tips, many times they will link a video also, or show a diagram. Twitch has much more possibilities to facilitate this process of giving WGT tips and advice.

5) It's just plain fun. Even if it's not popular, it's fun to broadcast. It makes WGT a better game IMHO.

Some members requesting a spectate feature (just the members we know about)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/99602.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/4206.aspx?PageIndex=1

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/153465/1045520.aspx#1045520

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/2825.aspx

and here are several WGT forum posts mentioning twitch

http://www.wgt.com/forums/search.aspx?q=twitch

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:15 AM

At the moment, I'm trying to stream at 12 mid and between 2-4 pm Eastern.

• PAGES
RSS