Help › Forums

Future Driver Upgrades - Worried ???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:06 PM (3 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:21 AM

WGT Alex

Be very careful with these future club upgardes for more distance. Lots of complaints - but ??? We cant have everybody driving 300 meters off the tee, would make it all to easy. You're going to have to make something else infinitely more difficult to balance it back up again.

All the complaints about not driving the ball far enough, or not reaching fairways can be cured by the purchase of 1 driver for the total cost of $7.50  !! FACT  I did it, and with practise other players can do it to - and heres the joke, I'm 60 years young. So ....all you young guns - it should be dead easy. Right ????

People complain about the putting, but again - PRACTICE is the KEY. I worked it out for myself just like all the other players. My putting average per hole is about 1.7 - it is very very achievable. But PRACTICE you MUST.

Dont you other players get this ??? - ITS ALL SIMPLY PRACTICE - just be prepared to put the time in, and lots and lots of it. You cant just turn on, log in and shot under par. Thats not realistic. If you want to do that go buy PGA Tour or Tiger Woods 09 they are easy in comparison.

I've just passed the 100 ranked rounds now, and just as many in practice - but I have a long long way to go before I can compete at the top level - thats the challenge.

So - WGT - be very very careful here . Personally I think the level of difficulty is just about right. You're not going to please everybody - so dont try.  I dont hear the top players complaining to much????

I love this game, dont spoil it and make this to easy.

Just my thoughts

Cheers Doug

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:38 AM

It's the ADD folks out there.

If they're not shooting under par after just playing a couple of rounds, they're going to complain.   If they're not eagling a hole every round, they're going to complain.  If they're not driving the ball 350 yards, they're going to complain.   If their blow up doll deflates while they're fondling it, they'll complain.

This site basically needs a link that states "Game too hard? Click here".   The click should redirect players to the EA Tiger Woods site.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:00 AM

There will always be some trade-offs to balance the game. But as you advance through the tiers, the clubs will go further to account for the greater swing speeds and stiffer shafts for the pros and above. 

This being said practice will always be your best bet to getting better.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:06 PM

I agree with Doug. The people who are complaining are the people unwilling to spend a little money and support the site. People forgot that it took them 50 games go get good at Kiawah and they expected to be automatically good at BP. With the changes I was bumped to a new Tee yet with practice I have taken my average from 66 to 78 to 70 in maybe 50 games and I still have room to go. None of the regular posters, Nivlac, Tibbets, Avatar, ME have complained. You might notice they too have been willing to spend a buck. The clubs are working just fine well except for my regular complaint that adjusting to both a faster swing meter and less forgiveness is to much for a one tier upgrade. Please do not turn this game into Hello Kitty Golf.

RSS