Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • Syxguns
    178 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 1:16 PM

bobby333331:

This disconnect issue that losing players employ to avoid losing is not only cheating but causing winning players to lose out in entry fee and winning fees. I'm not referring to a reregular disconnect when after 45 seconds it forfeits the disconnecting player, some peeps know how to hack it so they don't lose when they disconnected.  This past week the same thing has happened to me 3 times and WGT needs to crack down on this and penalize the players doing this stuff!

@Bobby333331-

I have to say a couple of things about your statements.  First and foremost, I do not see that a Level 84 Master, with a 72 Avg. has much to complain about.

Your Driver hits 280 to my 287

Your 3wd hits 240 to my 245

Your iron hit 210 to my 225

Your Cleveland 60 degree is the same as mine.

The way I see your level, your average, and your equipment when you should be a Tour Master working for Legend tier. I see a player that only wants to try an dominate the course with big clubs on short tees.

But then I take a look at your stats:

10.23.16 October Wolf Creek Sweeps Master 550.51
    09.19.16 Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course Full 18 Tour Pro 71
    09.19.16 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Tour Pro 67
    09.19.16 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Full 18 Tour Pro 71
    08.28.16 August Bethpage Sweeps Tour Pro 358.03
    08.28.16 August Bethpage Sweeps Tour Pro 596.61
    08.28.16 Bethpage Black Full 18 Tour Pro 71
    08.28.16 Bethpage Black Full 18 Tour Pro 74

Short but sweet and it answers a couple of questions that I had.  You were a level 83 or 84 Tour Pro with big clubs!  Dang those guys were sweating bullets playing against you.  I also see that you only play about 3 games a month which answers your average being so high question. 

So for a player that only jumps on occasionally to play a game, and then enters paid tournaments I have to conclude that your account must be a secondary account.  I come to this assumption because of the fact that there are few games played on this account, which leaves me to believe that the reason that you knew what clubs to purchase, tells me that you most likely have another account where you are at least a legend and created this account to try to win credits.

Now I could be wrong, but for someone that only jumps on WGT once a month that can hit a ball on a par 3 and be winning, that kind of sums it up.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Mar 4 2017 5:19 AM

pdb1:
    ese are glitches that are not player related . The disconnects are a combination of flash , server and browser issues with reading the html files in between each shot and hole . A disconnect is a crash that is lightning fast and effects several parts of the program . Very hard to pinpoint . Impossible to avoid . 

Flash and or browser has nothing to do with this. He is talking about mobile and the mobile game is not flash based and is not a browser game.

• irishowen
    265 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2017 1:20 PM

not sure where to post this but...just won 3 player stroke play(back 9 RSG) but at end of game player who was disqualified on 16th for time showed as winner!?!?! And he was already 3 down. Hard enough to win without some bug stealing the win. Pls advise.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2017 10:15 PM

irishowen:
    not sure where to post this but...just won 3 player stroke play(back 9 RSG) but at end of game player who was disqualified on 16th for time showed as winner!?!?! And he was already 3 down. Hard enough to win without some bug stealing the win. Pls advise.

It's an old and well-known flaw to give the win to the player with the lowest score regardless if he finished or not. It seems to be last on their care list because it has no outside relevance and consequence: There's no record of such win, so nobody will notice it outside the game, not even the "winner".

@P & B: I read nothing to confirm if it was on mobile - it was 9 holes strokeplay with 3 players...

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 5:42 PM

Since Ihave switched to Maxthon cloud browser, I cannot right click a problem to WGT or correspond pessages like I did with Chrome. Best I can do is try to catch the code and send it in if that is okay with ev1.

Billl B

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 6:12 PM

twichipper:
    Since Ihave switched to Maxthon cloud browser, I cannot right click a problem to WGT

Try a quick double right click, that should get the submit problem report.

RSS