Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:29 PM

I would think all discons, the fingers have to point to the Bay area.  It's not us, or our equipment.  It's always a pat answer from WGT.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 12:55 PM

pdb1:

mathia14:
    I would think all discons, the fingers have to point to the Bay area.  It's not us, or our equipment.  It's always a pat answer from WGT.

I am not technically inclined but I have paid  attention to many theories and explanations for likely causes to these disconnections . 

servers incapable of carrying the heavy load that WGT players bring to the  game in the way of multitudes of various different conflicting browsers , dozens of operating systems , even more internet providers and formats all with different settings coming from all corners of the world . All at the same time to play in multiplayer matches together . Causing the weak  servers chosen by WGT to work in extreme massive overload . creating unbalanced loads with stronger , faster users dominating the load . Consequently causing small crashes almost repeatedly at all times . Much more so during heavy usage times . Weeknights and weekends and holidays . These servers are so challenged that even single player formats jumble the loads . Not too surprising it is so bad with multiplayer . 

Agreed.  But I get the discons all the time.  No matter what day of the week or time of day.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 1:18 PM

It would be nice if the programmers would get into the forums and explain what they are trying to do fix things.  Instead of the mods.  Just MHO

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 2:21 PM

Or are the programmers too busy playing Grand Theft Auto?  Just asking.

• OldGuysRule60
    6 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 7:24 PM

Why...players have been complaining about this issue for months....yet YOUR solution if for the players to help YOU? Do you not have techs that are able to troubleshoot and fix your problems? If not why not? Why don't your people play the game and follow your help instructions? It's really sad how you do things

• EnglishRosey
    733 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:49 AM

last few days cant finish a single multi player game. always get blue screen. blitz is particularly bad. Also since returning to play a bit i notice its v hard, no, nigh on impossible to find a skins or mpc game...seems there are far less people playing these days

....even the forum use to be moderately amusing, now its full of; drivel, people who think they work for WGT (true, they were there before but almost ironically), and ladyboys.

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:44 AM

WGT- Stop adding courses, balls, clubs, tournies and FIX the GOD DAMN GAME!!!!

***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS