skip nav

Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Thu, Feb 13 2020 4:13 PM by TheTripper. 438 replies.
  • Hillikind Italy
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:18 AM

thanks for your help

hello!

My WGT program crashed, how can I play again? I had saved my last game, then in the evening I pressed first on "resume" then immediately afterwards on "continue"

Thank you very much.
    Hildegard Pircher username "Hillikind"

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 11:40 AM

Hillikind:
    My WGT program crashed, how can I play again?

Likely a couple attempts will restore the right cache files . And all will be good again . 

• gorfll Canada
    37 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2016 12:28 PM

I change browsers again for the 4th time of my WGT tenure. I have noticed almost once a year I must change  browser and flash  to work in co ordination together.

All good now on the western front here.

Gorfll

Chris

• metoo48 United States
    5 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2016 8:47 PM

I can get into game, then once there, i can't do anything. Pointer moves, but can't click on anything to play. It's like i'm not connected to game.

• bobby333331 United States
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2016 12:55 PM

Hi Ive emailed customer service twice today. I was in the Manhatton $900,000 match this morning and my opponent disconnected on purpose after hitting a terrible tee shot, instead of him being charged a forfeit and losing the $, the game remained in disconnect status loading for 6 hours. Just now I realized now I was charged with the loss and lost all the money!! This is extremely unfair please look into this matter and reply to my emails I have sent customer service so that this is rectified ASAP. I should be awarded the win since the opponent is the coward who bolted and disconnected after hitting atrocious opening tee shot in this high stakes 3 hole match. 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2016 6:38 PM

bobby333331:
    my opponent disconnected on purpose after hitting a terrible tee

Again even before I read below . I didn't believe the above 

bobby333331:
    the game remained in disconnect status loading for 6 hours.

What a terrible guy . Abusing his power like that . How dare he . 

That right there let him off the hook . Not to mention ;

bobby333331:
    I realized now I was charged with the loss and lost all the money!!

Which is another big sign that your opponent likely wanted to play the tournament as badly as you did . Obviously he didn't disconnect or he would have been charged with it . It is very likely the game didn't know who to charge with their own disconnect and got it wrong . 

They will probably refund your fee . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2016 6:50 PM

• bobby333331 United States
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 10:55 AM

Hey bud it happened again the other day in the Manhatton game, this time we're on the last ho hole (3rd) I'm up 2 strokes and I stiff my tees shot on the par 3 to 1 ft( gimme). My opponent hits his tee shot to try and make a hole in one, he still likely loses... but he hits a babad tee shot and then mysteriously the game disconnects and remains in "player trying to disconnect status for hours.." I check in again to see status later in the day and sure enough the game is over and i was charged with the freakn loss!! 

After several emails to WGT they did refund my entry fee but refuse to credit me the win even though I was a gimme putt from winning by 3 or more strokes. Manhatton is a very expensive and stressful game for me and I enter it only occasionally when I'm feeling confident in my game. To lose out when you have a great round bc some opponents know how to hack the system is unfair to all that play and compete by the rules. 

This disconnect issue that losing players employ to avoid losing is not only cheating but causing winning players to lose out in entry fee and winning fees. I'm not referring to a reregular disconnect when after 45 seconds it forfeits the disconnecting player, some peeps know how to hack it so they don't lose when they disconnected.  This past week the same thing has happened to me 3 times and WGT needs to crack down on this and penalize the players doing this stuff!

T

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 9:09 PM

Be thankful for the refund and accept the false loss . They will not change final scores . Forget about it . And look ahead . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,476 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 9:15 PM

bobby333331:
    some peeps know how to hack it so they don't lose when they disconnected.

No they do not . 

bobby333331:
    This past week the same thing has happened to me 3 times and WGT needs to crack down on this and penalize the players doing this stuff!

These are glitches that are not player related . The disconnects are a combination of flash , server and browser issues with reading the html files in between each shot and hole . A disconnect is a crash that is lightning fast and effects several parts of the program . Very hard to pinpoint . Impossible to avoid . 

No player is able to manipulate , create or control those issues that are causing the disconnects  . 

I experience disconnects in every format . In some BLITZes and CTTH's . I get disconnected in almost every hole . There is no limit to how many in solo rounds . I am able to finish the rounds . 

RSS