Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • BradSwinny
    87 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 12:34 PM

I joined in 2011.

I left 18 months ago because of this problem LMAO .

I came back 3 days ago well well well.

Im laughing because the same problem is happening all over again.

I dont know why or how on gods earth they have not managed to sort this problem out?

Wait a minute i might have 3 why they havnt:

1. Make money 

2. Its Still a browser game therefore they dont have to pay tax in the countrys they (you) are playing in.,

3. Reminds me of short cornering.  That will do excuse.

Regards WGT team.

P.S Clear ur cache etc etc etc etc etc etc bloody joke.

• irisheyez5
    1,753 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 4:20 PM

borntobesting:
    With so many different PC systems around there is no way for them to trouble shoot everything.

Wow   you must work for wgt  ....  if  a company creates a program to run over the internet for all  to access  and they take your money .....  THEY BETTER DAMB WELL BE ABLE TO TROUBLE SHOOT EVERYTHING  OR ITS  THEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• irisheyez5
    1,753 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2015 4:34 PM

DrStrange:

<Rant on>

That's not a valid argument since the problems happen with ALL PC systems, all versions of all browsers, and with all sorts of different internet connections.  The latest updates have created so many disconnects that the game is becoming unplayable.

Also, because the "loading" problems no longer offer a solution, (they just keep loading, seemingly forever), often one is forced to disconnect to get back to the game, and 3 disconnects still equals forfeit.  If the disconnect problems can't be fixed, they should at LEAST increase the number of disconnects before forfeit.

I have a long laundry list of things that should be fixed, (many of which have been around since I started playing over 5 years ago), but the slow loading and disconnect problems are the most egregious.

Considering the absurd amount of money this game makes, WGT really should invest is some decent programmers and some good quality control people who actually test the game (on any PC/browser combination that appeals to them).

It would also help if they actually listened to our problems and complaints.  I have talked to MANY players who no longer post suggestions or complaints because they say nothing is ever done, and no one ever responds to them.  How about hiring some customer support staff?

<Rant off>

This is a truly wonderful game when it works correctly, but terribly frustrating when it does not.  I sincerely hope that the issues can be solved before I, and many others like me, switch to an online golf game with fewer problems.

VERY WELL SAID ....  ALL I CAN SAY IS DITTO

• mujahijimmydean
    3 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 8:41 AM

This game needs to stop cheating people out of competition. You need to wonder why this site have the USGA, PGA and WGA logos , because it is NOT about a game of fair play.

• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 9:08 PM

Multi player games are very buggy WGT please do more reserch into why this happins and clear up the disconnect and crash problems.

You have a great fun game but its very hard to have fun when you play a 18 hole round with 4 people and crashes on hole 16 and everyone losses passes and points not to mention time!

PaLease Help us with this tell us what we can do to help!  I was not able do rt click a screen report or i would have.

This was a 4 person stroke 18hole round we barely fin with 2 players after 20mins of crashing every player at least 2-3 times.

This issue is costing you money loss due to consumer confidence!!!

Thanks for your help fingers crossed.

SmileyDA GHOST N CREW AT GDBN CC

• Bill12309
    24 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:27 AM

I have been booted (ie- gameclient crash) innumerable times, more than 3 have directly caused me to lose a match since August 21st, 2015, and those are only the ones I have documented! These are most notably during Alt Shot and Match Play.

Angry!

• AussieNutcase
    128 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 6:32 AM

Hey Is there any of those clinics in Aus and do they do anger managment  as well cause WGT is the root of all evil. LOL

RSS