Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • ezlivn1
    1,727 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 2:46 AM

Somewhat true. Flash was really instrumental in getting all the arcade games going. However when the move to CGI began the use of flash was relegated to menus and logins, and pop up ads. Now Mozilla has banned flash from its browser.

Don't know about the hundreds of thousands that are running smoothly. Never met one of them. Are they like helpful government employees? I heard about them once, have never seen one though.

I gave up playing social games as I cannot get past 9 holes without getting all choppy and lagging and having to ctrl-alt-del start task manager end task.

I upgraded to win 10 and edge and no improvement, only thing cool about edge is you can go to settings, then advanced, and turn off flash. But to get into a new game you have to turn it back on to get the login window on the main page.

Oh well. This beats standing out in the hot sun drinking beer watching babes in bikinis stroll by. Maybe not.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 11:37 PM

Actually it seems there's a silent downtime or an issue for the connection to the WGT servers. Message says that there could a problem with your internet connection but if you can read this it's not.

• DrStrange
    5 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2015 3:24 PM

<Rant on>

That's not a valid argument since the problems happen with ALL PC systems, all versions of all browsers, and with all sorts of different internet connections.  The latest updates have created so many disconnects that the game is becoming unplayable.

Also, because the "loading" problems no longer offer a solution, (they just keep loading, seemingly forever), often one is forced to disconnect to get back to the game, and 3 disconnects still equals forfeit.  If the disconnect problems can't be fixed, they should at LEAST increase the number of disconnects before forfeit.

I have a long laundry list of things that should be fixed, (many of which have been around since I started playing over 5 years ago), but the slow loading and disconnect problems are the most egregious.

Considering the absurd amount of money this game makes, WGT really should invest is some decent programmers and some good quality control people who actually test the game (on any PC/browser combination that appeals to them).

It would also help if they actually listened to our problems and complaints.  I have talked to MANY players who no longer post suggestions or complaints because they say nothing is ever done, and no one ever responds to them.  How about hiring some customer support staff?

<Rant off>

This is a truly wonderful game when it works correctly, but terribly frustrating when it does not.  I sincerely hope that the issues can be solved before I, and many others like me, switch to an online golf game with fewer problems.

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:31 PM

DrStrange:

<Rant on>

The latest updates have created so many disconnects that the game is becoming unplayable.

Also, because the "loading" problems no longer offer a solution, (they just keep loading, seemingly forever), often one is forced to disconnect to get back to the game, and 3 disconnects still equals forfeit.  If the disconnect problems can't be fixed, they should at LEAST increase the number of disconnects before forfeit.

Yep. seems you can't play a multi player without disconnects.

Something else I noticed, after another player has disconnected & rejoined, my previously good meter becomes unplayable.

That suggests that rejoining is creating additional code running on top of whatever was already there, not cleaned up spagetti code ?

I just left a skins game, 8 skins up after 10 holes , because my meter became jerky after a player disconnected, my attempts at rejoining met with "Unexpected error " !!

Followed by "you failed to re join in time " .

Nice work wgt

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:18 PM

Was using my CC pass on a 18 hole pratice run on Chambers Bay, and the game ran into an issue after the 9th hole. Looked like it crashed, though my memory was only around 60-65% out of 1.74GB I have on the computer when it did.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 4:10 AM

Weeks it lasts, WGT do something the game becomes unplayable in multiplayer game !!!

• irishowen
    265 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 6:21 PM

Playing final round in speed bracket and experienced game freeze on second hole (11th)...really, really frustrating (all hat effort for nada). refresh of profile page of no help. Game page complete lock.

RSS