Forums

Help › Forums

Ping G20 set Woods and Irons Set!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:26 AM (29 replies)
  • RockNDoctor
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 1:03 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened and tell me where I can find the Ping G20 Woods and Irons Set in the pro shop here at WTG?  If they have been discontinued can you tell me of an alternative/equivalent set to them?   

I am currently at lvl 68.  I would like to have a 9.5 degree driver with the set that can go to at least 275yds or more.  I would like a 3 wood that goes 240 to 250 or more.  

I would also like to know why 1 Irons and 2 Irons aren't available to us.

Respectfully submitted,

RockNDoctor

Orville J. Shelton

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 8:06 PM

With the June 1st update the G20's became the G25's. Look in the Pro Shop.

• SunDune
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 12:45 PM

I was wondering where the 1 and 2 irons are as well.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 1:39 PM

RockNDoctor:

Can anyone tell me what happened and tell me where I can find the Ping G20 Woods and Irons Set in the pro shop here at WTG?  If they have been discontinued can you tell me of an alternative/equivalent set to them?   

I am currently at lvl 68.  I would like to have a 9.5 degree driver with the set that can go to at least 275yds or more.  I would like a 3 wood that goes 240 to 250 or more.  

I would also like to know why 1 Irons and 2 Irons aren't available to us.

Respectfully submitted,

RockNDoctor

Orville J. Shelton

get more lvls in and u can have most but no need for a 1 or 2 iron 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 1:59 PM

SunDune:

I was wondering where the 1 and 2 irons are as well.

They have not been beamed them into this virtual world.

Seriously, it's probably too difficult to give enough free slots in the bags since an iron set is invariably and inseparably eight clubs, PW - I3.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 2:49 PM

Equipment Tables

• SunDune
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 4:00 AM

Ah, i see, thanks. I suppose we could choose which clubs to put in our bag, but if 1 and 2 irons aren't essential then it doesn't matter too much. I guess the hybrid does the job.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:05 PM

3 Wedges>Hybrid. Chip, punch, and pitch your way to more pars. 'nuff said.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:47 PM

SunDune:
    I guess the hybrid does the job.

You'd have to check the distances of full and punch shots to see what's right. Usually, it's the 3WD for advanced players. The hybrid is frequently sacrificed for a third wedge just because precise approach shots from 100 yds with 100% or almost 100% meter power are more valuable than the occasional "YESS!" shot from far out.

• SunDune
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:49 PM

I appreciate your advice both of you. It seems that most people who've played the game a while go for 3 wedges, so i'll probably have a look at doing that. I don't see many golfers on TV using hybrids either.

Cheers

RSS