Forums

Help › Forums

Tier progression

Mon, Jan 9 2023 3:50 PM (175 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 12:41 PM

amok566:
    I need to make 500 courses of 9 holes,and 250 of 18 holes?Right?

You simply need 500 ranked rounds. It can by 500 ranked rounds of 9 holes or 500 ranked rounds of 18 holes or any mix of the two.

But a 9-hole ranked round and an 18-hole ranked round each count as single ranked round.

So if you want to think of it as easier or quicker, it's easier and quicker to get to 500 ranked rounds by playing only 9 hole rounds. It's also easier to reduce one's average if the person only plays 9 hole rounds.  

And yes, a 30 is a 30 regardless of the course it's played on, excepting (of course) par 3 and par 5 courses. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:08 PM

Nitpicking: A 30 will count as a 60 unless you score it on an 18 hole round.

It's a typical 9 hole round score which will be doubled for average calculation.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 5:50 AM

alosso:

The 30 on an 18-hole ranked round is also likely to get the person banned as well! ;-) 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 5:58 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 6:14 AM

TopShelf2010:
    It's only a matter of time.

That's why my average isn't in the 50s... I don't want to risk it! ;-)  

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 1:58 PM

Robert1893:

alosso:

The 30 on an 18-hole ranked round is also likely to get the person banned as well! ;-) 

I'm not in a position to contribute to this subject, thus I left this out ;)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 2:10 AM

Just one bit of advice.  Never be too quick to get promoted.  Post all your scores regardless of how good or bad they are

Learn the game first as the game gets harder to play as you get promoted.

The hardest promotion is to Legend.  Then ya playing off the Blacks. Quite a few people get discouraged because of the longer shots to the green.  Set up or play rounds from the car park tee's, so you get the hang of it.

If you can,  play Multi Player games with People from a higher Tier,  Then you can get the hang of the green speeds.

Be ready for a promotion, instead of being shocked when you get there.

Just have fun.

-Roger

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 2:47 AM

mantis0014:
    Just one bit of advice.  Never be too quick to get promoted.  Post all your scores regardless of how good or bad they are

+1 

mantis0014:
    Set up or play rounds from the car park tee's, so you get the hang of it.

Or do as I did......ditch the driver when you are getting close to legend......and only use a 3W for driving. 

Also great advice on the green speeds.

mantis0014:

This is so true! And a warning for those who play red tees....It is great when players want to tier up, but it will be disheartening if you are not ready.

• kennycz
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 12:20 PM

I agree and same here.

• ALockerbie
    86 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2016 6:20 PM

mantis0014:

Learn the game first as the game gets harder to play as you get promoted.

The hardest promotion is to Legend.  Then ya playing off the Blacks. Quite a few people get discouraged because of the longer shots to the green.  Set up or play rounds from the car park tee's, so you get the hang of it.

If you can,  play Multi Player games with People from a higher Tier,  Then you can get the hang of the green speeds.

Just have fun.

I just recently jumped from TP to Master. My god what a difference in how the game has become more difficult. My average was around 65 and started back at 72, For some strange reason my game has gone to crap. It's become really depressing for me. I almost wish I had never advanced. These days I can't the side of a house.

RSS