• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:19 PM

• amok566
    9 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 5:46 PM

hi all.

just a question.

i am a legend tier,i think i have played more than 100 rounds as  a legend.

for explain; these months i play many games each days,95% of my games are ranked stroke games,and my average of game completion is higher than 90%.

is it normal that when i make a -5 in any course i win 0,01 point of average,and when i finish with a -2,i lose 0,01, and a 0 i lose 0,02 point?

i ask that because a legend opponent said me that he never lose any point.is it true?

thanks for your answer,and have a good day.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 7:10 PM

amok566:
    i ask that because a legend opponent said me that he never lose any point.is it true?

You have to play 500 ranked rounds as Legend.  Until then your average will be going up and down depending what you shoot

-Roger

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:24 PM

amok566:
    is it normal that when i make a -5

As what Mantis says, but also you need to stop thinking in terms of how many under par, as this is not how "averages" are calculated.

Think in terms of your score....so a 33 for 9 holes equates to a 66 for 18.......as your :average" is 65, technically this will bump up your average marginally (depending on how many games as a legend you have played). Conversely a 32 (64) will see a small reduction.

When you hit saturation (500 RR excluding par 3's and 5's) your worst scores will drop off hence why players can see a big drop at that stage.

Play for fun, card your scores (good or bad) and before you know it you will be saturated.

• amok566
    9 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 9:11 PM

thank you  alanti and Mantis,for the answer.i understand now.

So ,in theory,If i am able to make ,all the time, a score of 60 in any 18 holes, my average will be 60? :)ok i  understand now.

2 more questions:

- I need to make 500 courses of 9 holes,and 250 of 18 holes?Right?

-All the courses have the same"coefficient of calculation"?

A 30 in  a chambers bay course is equal to a 30 in a st andrews course?

Thank you,and have a good day.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 12:33 AM

+1 to the explanations!

amok566:
    i think i have played more than 100 rounds as  a legend.

Me thinks that you played more than 200 rounds - your score history is fully "Legend".

amok566:
    my average of game completion is higher than 90%.

How would you know?

Also, it has no effect on average development or tier promotion...

As a Legend, only the stroke play scores in your history do count, if played on Par60 ot Par80 courses.

As an OT remark, if you played tournaments instead of ranked rounds, you'd receive more XPs, thus your Level would increase faster, just in case you wanted new equipment...

• Neomad0
    28 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 6:47 AM

I am not able to understand that till my average reached 64..... every game wether match play or stroke play affected my average and I played ranked games back to back for tier progression...... now wether I loose or win my average remains constant........ how will one know that the games that we play are affecting our average.....

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 10:18 AM

Neomad0:
    now wether I loose or win my average remains constant.

Take it as it is - it fits to some reports i read here.

Neomad0:
    how will one know that the games that we play are affecting our average.

For you, until you reach avg. 63.00 and Tour Master tier, good strokeplay results in your score history will affect your (saturated) average. This is certain.

As a TM, a new "game" begins, resetting the numbers.

• Neomad0
    28 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 11:29 AM

Dear Alosso,

But with all the ranked games one plays...... the average should vary right ?........ How will tier progression happen if all the games im trying to play....... whether I win or loose...... the average remains the same....... ? Before this it was working fine........lol.

I became Master about 10 days back....... and went through the stats...... it shows I have played 242 ranked rounds....... I have been only playing to get my average down.....

Thank you for your time ..........

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 11:53 AM

Neomad0:
    But with all the ranked games one plays...... the average should vary right ?
    Not quite...

You played more than 40 games as a Master, so your average is "saturated" and will not go up any more. Now, the best 40 scores count to the average, and only a better score will kick out a worse one and will thus reduce your average.

When you become TM, everything resets, saturation will be at 50 games, and matchplay wins against Legends may count in again.

RSS