skip nav

Forums

Tier progression

Fri, Oct 25 2019 4:02 PM by BOZskills. 111 replies.
  • PaulTon United Kingdom
    10,725 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 6:31 PM

Wintendo:
     I was prematurely promoted from Amateur to Pro and now Pro to Tour Pro.  I don't understand the requirements.

Re-read Aloso's post, his breakdown of the factors involved is as close to the complete picture as you'll get and far more than WGT will declare.

• Iskakaye United States
    385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:36 PM

to me he's not sandbagging. he's not throwing shots on purpose and plays to the best of his ability every time. he's just smart. wgt wants you to spend money by needing more expensive equipment to play higher levels.

• Neomad0 India
    28 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:51 AM

Played back to back two match play games with the Legend and won the games....... scored. My average remains the same ?????? Why so ???? Yesterday....... my average came down from 67.9 to 66.1.........

• TopShelf2010 United States
    8,859 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:59 AM

Neomad0:
    My average remains the same ?????? Why so ????

How many holes in your matches (9 or 18)? What were your scores in those matches? These are key factors in trying to answer your question.

Don

• Neomad0 India
    28 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:36 AM

All have been 9 holes... my basic profile shows that...

http://www.wgt.com/members/neomad0/default.aspx

The average is stuck on 64... even if i lose a match today.. it just stayed there ?

Thank you for your time.....

• GParker6261 United States
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:28 AM

Thank you , this is ecxactly what i was looking for.

• alosso Germany
    19,469 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:40 AM

Some matches do count, some apparently don't. This part of average calculation remains a mystery to us players.

And, I've never heard that the no. of holes or a match score would influence the issue. You win or lose, what would a "3 up" or "2 and 1" or " 1up on third extra hole" mean?

Furthermore, to lose a match never changes one's average.

8,859 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:25 PM

alosso:
    And, I've never heard that the no. of holes or a match score would influence the issue

Okay now I am really confused.

From the FAQS...

"Do Match Play scores affect my Average Score or Tier ranking?

Yes, Match Play games do affect your score average and your tier ranking. If you play a match play game against a player of higher tier and win the match your score average will be affected which could affect your tier ranking."

Don

8,859 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:43 PM

alosso:
    And, I've never heard that the no. of holes or a match score would influence the issue. You win or lose, what would a "3 up" or "2 and 1" or " 1up on third extra hole" mean?

And to continue my inquiry as I am still baffled.... I can recall playing a friend many moons ago, and he won with a score of 29 over my score of 30. It was not a 1up score on the scorecard but an actual score. What type of game was this? This is why I had asked about "how many holes were played?"

I am obviously not a "Match" style player with less than 50 ever played. But I would like to know.

Don

• alosso Germany
    19,469 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:48 PM

As I said, these extra influences on average leave a lot of questions unanswered to us players.

The FAQ statement apparently(!) covers only part of the story. Sometimes, after a few "counting" matches, they seemingly don't count. I haven't experienced that, but I've heard a few people talk about it here.

The other game, scores of 29 vs. 30, was MP strokeplay. In these games, a "winner" is proclaimed, but this has no impact at all after the game, no record, no award... Only the individual scores may count to the averages of each player but not the fact of a "win". Here, of course, 9 hole scores are doubled.

RSS