Forums

Help › Forums

Where's the O O B boundary?

Sun, Oct 30 2016 5:40 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:35 AM

Here's an interesting one on Olympic #1.  This was uneven lies and I allowed too much with my approach.  You'd think just off the green would be a playable shot though.  Bit miffed about that ball being considered lost. 

Camera 5 shows it pretty well.

I also just noticed the lie already shows as thick brush, 2-5%.  Lost ball in 2-5%?  Come on WGT, you've gotta be kidding.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 4:47 AM

There's a hole at Oakmont where my ball landed well outside of the map but was still in play.

OB is wherever wgt decided, we can't trust the visual evidence.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 8:21 AM

MainzMan:

Here's an interesting one on Olympic #1.  This was uneven lies and I allowed too much with my approach.  You'd think just off the green would be a playable shot though.  Bit miffed about that ball being considered lost. 

Camera 5 shows it pretty well.

I also just noticed the lie already shows as thick brush, 2-5%.  Lost ball in 2-5%?  Come on WGT, you've gotta be kidding.

Blow up camera 2 a couple of times.

Looks like it landed under that tree branch or bush whatever it is.  Probably not enough sun to grow much brush, why the 2-5%.  But I guess it is saying you can't reach under to grab the ball, as we all know how WGT is 

At a real course I could reach through a fence and grab my ball, add a stroke and go on from there, here different story.

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 5:28 AM

The 14th at St Andrews from the hardest tees, means that the fairway over the hillocks is not reachable for a lot of players. I therefore use the 5th fairway for my 2nd. Have been doing that for the last year, every once in a while even though I land in a similar place I am out of bound. Never consistant thats the problem with the Out of Bounds, also a good approach to the 2nd at Chambers bay is easier if you approach from the 16 hole below, except once every ten or so round that is also out of bounds Why??

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 11:52 AM

OUT OF BOUNDS

ive found that out of  bounds is where and where ever wgt says it it is

seen players hit out of the burn on st andys hole one

not on wgt tho

its a wet ball 

im not an expert but when you tee off any hole any course

you get a  map for the hole?

keep inside the map should be ok

unless wgt want to take your ball 

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:11 PM

If you encounter a snake during your

round-and are brave enough to inspect

it up close-remember this distinction:

A snake that's alive is considered an

outside agency, but a snake that's dead

can be treated as a loose impediment.

golf Animated golf GIF

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 3:01 PM

Is that true for a 25 ft alligator, too?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 5:40 AM

alosso:

Is that true for a 25 ft alligator, too?

I guess if you carry a rifle in your bag, you could turn it into a loose impediment. Of course in some places they are protected. Also, would that be considered improving your lie?

• PAGES
RSS