Forums

Help › Forums

I need a FoolProof technique against cross winds

Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:42 AM (85 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 11:29 AM

I get always duped in cross wind (horizantal wind). Always end up away from hole. When i do not want ding , i ding and it go away from hole. 

with below 100 yard i hit in the direction of wind as marker move require less.  Also if i ding i am closer to hole.

More than 140 , it is just lottery. 

Any expert method  to hit straight in cross winds?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 11:31 AM

alexk345:

I get always duped in cross wind (horizantal wind). Always end up away from hole. When i do not want ding , i ding and it go away from hole. 

with below 100 yard i hit in the direction of wind as marker move require less.  Also if i ding i am closer to hole.

Yes.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 12:17 PM

Never worked it out either.  Something to do with timing I am told but...

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 12:49 PM

Kats calculator is good for learning about the effects of wind.

I would try it during practice rounds.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/225751.aspx?PageIndex=1

Here is a shot I made using it.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=53251a86-3d18-4a0d-82cf-a312005df690

The cal is different from the old one I have because this one is tweakable and it  calculates how far to move the aim marker with separate irons/clubs. I don't use too much it but I'm good for now with 32 Eagles in about 6 months on WGT.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 1:36 PM

100% accuracy? I do not care about yardage issue here. I only need idea on marker movement on long irons.

• arealgoodtime
    22 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 3:10 PM

Go see sgtbilko in community

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 3:17 PM

alexk345:

100% accuracy? I do not care about yardage issue here. I only need idea on marker movement on long irons.

Then you are on the wrong path . Alex if you want to get better , you are going to have to practice . You are going to have to take the time , and learn your clubs . If the wind is left to right , you play left of the ding line . Right to left wind , play right of the ding line .

You also have to consider spin on the ball , as well . Top sin , back spin , or no spin , all will affect ball flight , as well as distance . If you want 100% accuracy , then practice 100% , and you will learn what to do . Go put your time in , and stop trying to find an easy way out .Good luck with your game .

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 4:12 PM

alexk345:
    I do not care about yardage issue here. I only need idea on marker movement on long irons.

Hit shots, take notes.   Seems too easy? I know right?  I too am too lazy to do it.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 4:55 PM

Yellow Callies Please 

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 5:34 PM

alexk345:

More than 140 yards out is not a lottery shot. It's quite easy to figure out the wind when it's cross wind. May I recommend practice?  Your not getting"duped" alex your making mistakes. It happens, there is no fool proof way to hit a perfect shot every single time.

Advice from better plays can only get you so far. You've got to do the majority of the work yourself and figure out what works for you. Play your game you'll get there, mistakes are the best way to learn. :) 

You ask for an awful lot of advice on very simple topics like putting and now how to deal with wind? Would you like these people to hit the ball for you too? :)

For someone who likes to challenge some of the best players in the game. And also goes around writing your scared of me on peoples walls. You think you would know how to shoot by now.  I find it pretty messed up you talk so much but know so very little about the game.

Am I wrong? I feel like I'm spot on with this.

RSS