Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Tue, Apr 2 2024 2:02 AM (559 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2019 7:13 AM

middbrew:
    Thank you Scott. I have been using your table as a reference ever since I started playing and thought I better give you a shout out for the work you do with it. Thanks!
    Cheers middbrew, happy to hear it helps you out and thank you.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 3:00 AM

Tables updated following the downtime.

What is blue is new and what is red is dead.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 5:37 AM

ScottHope:

Thanks as always Scott.

Nicely done

Don

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 5:47 AM

Thank you Don.  ; )

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2019 7:31 PM

ScottHope:

I just knew I would find this here immediately after the downtime was over!  Well, I was late, but you were not!

Thanks - the tables are very helpful.

Now if WGT will just get on the ball (so to speak) and replace the clubs I had programmed to rent/buy at discount in the next couple of levels with something similar, it will be OK.  I will be an unhappy camper if they are not there when I level up.  They took out the Versa #1 putter and the Sabertooths I had planned on!   At least the Mack Daddy wedges are still there at L95 and L96 (for now!)

Edit - I have noticed one thing in the tables that you might not have noticed - the first field name on each sheet (Club Name each item linked to the Pro Shop) is repeated multiple times in the field - which does not show up when you click the sheet - but blows up the "Field Name" dropdown in the Standard Filter dialog.  I just delete the multiples on that field each sheet to make it easier to do the filter (I use them totally!) but you might look into that.

Thanks again.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 12:16 AM

Cheers Doc.

Could you post a picture of the error you are seeing?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 10:54 AM

ScottHope:

Cheers Doc.

Could you post a picture of the error you are seeing?

First image shows what is in the first field heading on the first sheet where text is repeated multiple times (varies with the individual sheet).

(Yes, I use OpenOffice - don't get me started on Microsoft!)

Second image shows what happens when I select "Standard Filter" for sort options.  The very long text in the first field makes the dropdown so wide it does not fit on the screen!

Note - I have already modified the text in each first field in my copy, so I went back to the download.

If this is related to OpenOffice, then I will have to check with them.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 11:15 AM

Thanks Doc, I'll look into it.  ; )

EDIT : I notice in your images that the file type is an xlsx. That works okay with Excel, but I'm wondering if it messes up slightly when using Open Office. Try saving the file as an xls instead to see if that helps at all.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:16 PM

ScottHope:

Thanks Doc, I'll look into it.  ; )

EDIT : I notice in your images that the file type is an xlsx. That works okay with Excel, but I'm wondering if it messes up slightly when using Open Office. Try saving the file as an xls instead to see if that helps at all.

When I changed the extension to xls, O/O says the file is corrupt and will not open it.  

When I open it in Excel 2013 as xlsx, I do not see the problem - but I do not see the standard filter option either. 

Does your version of Excel show what I see as "Standard Filter" in O/O, where I can use logical ifs (and and ors) to select values or ranges for any and all fields in the table?  For example I can sort the table for drivers with Level <=88, Distance>=250, meter>=4 and price <=1500 (of which there are two) in one dropdown for any column.  My Excel 2013 does not have this.

Example of this below:

Sorry to clutter your thread with miscellaneous minutia but we are like that!

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:17 AM

Sorry Doc, maybe I didn't explain myself very well. Did you try saving the file as an xls file. Don't just change the extension from xlsx to xls.

If you open the file in Excel 2013 there is a checkbox to turn the filter on and off in the ribbon. To toggle it on or off with a keyboard shortcut, just make sure you have a cell in the table selected, any cell will do, then press and release these keys in sequence.

Alt j t b

ÉJTB

I do get a similar sort of thing to filter in Excel as shown in your picture, different, but does the same job.

Don't apologise for posting this stuff Doc, if anyone else has a similar problem they might be interested in it.

RSS