Help › Forums

Just Venting.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:16 AM (5 replies)
  • Chevron
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 6:36 AM

AHHHHHH

getting soo close for  birdies in this months stroke play  i KNOW i can do it i just miss  by an inch or 3 i just cant read the breaks right. i get the strength perfect im just ALWAY to high or too low on the hill when putting.

maybe im just doing it wrong. i dont change the target arrow when putting i just hit to left or right of perfect on the down stroke to make it go left or right.

i should be finishing under par but i keep ending up at +3. it kills me to see so many missed birdies and not missed by much eaither ..AHHHHHHHHH

/end rant and rave and venting of frustration.

Danny

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 6:46 AM

I would not recommend playing for an intentional mishit.  You'll have much better luck lining it up and hitting it straight on once you get the hang of it.

• Chevron
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:05 AM

cheers for hat man i appreciate it. although when i try doing it by moving the arrow i am MILES away lol im not a golfer in real life so  i find it that bit harder to "read" the greens.

all i can do i guess is try try try again if i fail try again :)

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:51 AM

Spend a round or two putting from the reverse view. Take special note to the small steps of the grid lines

while reading the speed of the dots and ultimately the severity of the break. Good Luck............................CC

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 7:59 AM

Sssshhhh Capt, "bigmouth", let them figure it out for themselves.  LOL

• Chevron
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:16 AM

thanks guys i REALLY appreciate that bit of coaching :)

after 2 9 hole rounds iv dropped my score to even  and should have been below par only for a mis-hit on the last hole :( lol

great to see the real masters and pros helping out us pro tier amateurs ;) its a community like this that makes people keep coming back to not only the game but the forum also.

RSS