Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 22 2014 9:55 AM (4 replies)
  • robstarski
    118 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 9:13 AM

I'm told the game becomes so much harder when you move up tiers....maybe I want to stay at Pro?  What causes users to move up Tiers?  Number of rounds played?  Score average?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 10:26 AM

robstarski:

I'm told the game becomes so much harder when you move up tiers....maybe I want to stay at Pro?

The two hard steps to come are Master and Legend, causing a step back in the tees. Both are best absolved with new equipment - credits to spend in the Pro Shop for clubs and subsequently for custom balls - a steady cash flow because they wear and get lost. OTOH, the real fun comes with this custom equipment - an investment into recreation.

robstarski:

What causes users to move up Tiers?  Number of rounds played?  Score average?

Both, together. With an average of 67 and 20 rounds as a Pro you will be promoted to Tour Pro (only faster greens).

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 10:54 AM

Your scoring average can be affected by winning against higher tier players in some of the non-ranked round game types - like Match Play.

WGT instituted that as a preventative against sandbaggers - players that dishonestly manipulate their scoring average to avoid moving up in the tiers to misrepresent their skill level.

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When you have played at least 40  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

• GoldenEagle2
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 9:25 AM

i am an amature and am on level 25. i have played well over ten ranked games and my score is 72.67 but im still an amature. how do i get to pro?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 9:55 AM
    GoldenEagle2:

i am an amature and am on level 25. i have played well over ten ranked games and my score is 72.67 but im still an amature. how do i get to pro?

You have played 9 ranked rounds as an Amateur. You need one more.
RSS