Forums

Help › Forums

LET THE ADDICTION RETURN.......COMPUTER, OR INTERNET CONNECTION???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:43 AM (9 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:14 AM

SO.,..............When I throw this F'ing apple computer away and break it with a sledgehammer I will be on the market for another computer.  I know, KNOW, my WGT addiction will return, so question fellas, is the performance of WGT based more on the computer itself or the internet connection?  Gracias..........

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:45 AM

Personally, I have a pretty slow computer. It's a Compaq laptop with an AMD 1.6ghz Sempron processor and 1gb of RAM. It's old. And it's running XP.

My internet connection, on the other hand, is an 18mbps plan with AT&T Uverse.

When I play, everything else is closed. No Outlook, no other browser windows, nothing. I do not experience near the problems that people describe here in the forums. I do get a little jerky animation during a shot, but that's the computer speed. Add in one of those Michelob balls and the extra graphics with all those bubbles really makes for a jerky animation. Other than that, based on my experiences, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:46 AM

TurkishTerror:
    is the performance of WGT based more on the computer itself or the internet connection?

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:32 AM

Not being ignorant or anything, but you have only played 244 ranked rounds, it is not surprising that you do not see the super variations and flat out shot manipulation. 800 days played in a row for me today, and i see the VEM monster on a daily basis.Just because you dont experience it does not mean it don't  exist  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:00 AM

tramilleo:
    i see the VEM monster on a daily basis.Just because you dont experience it does not mean it don't  exist  :)

Then again, the interpretation of such an influence varies from player to player. Just sayin'.

@TT-RAM, RAM and more RAM in whatever you get. 64bit Windows7 OS (think that's routine now) and bigass HD. Lots of help here getting it right, too.   ;-)

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:28 AM

^^^ Very true YJ so many threads were some experience and some don't. Does this mean that people who play for credits do not get the same round? And if this is true, is this not fraud in some, shape, form or fashion? Just asking?

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:50 AM

Have a cheap HP Pavilion computer . I maxed out the memory. Use Wnds home-7- 64 bit. Internet connection is Road Runner Turbo. Use maxthon browser and use Game Booster3. Can't remember the last time I had any problems, not even a flutter. If I forget to turn of E-Mail it will jump when I get and some mail. Good Luck...........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 12:59 PM

tramilleo:

^^^ Very true YJ so many threads were some experience and some don't. Does this mean that people who play for credits do not get the same round? And if this is true, is this not fraud in some, shape, form or fashion? Just asking?

Not in TT's thread. That's been beat to death and this is about helping TT.

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:21 PM

I have a Gateway PC with 2GB using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  I am using a wireless connection to a cable provider and use Chrome. I have no problems playing the game. When Pepperflash plug in gives me an issue I have no space bar in chat when I play.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:43 AM

tramilleo:

Not being ignorant or anything, but you have only played 244 ranked rounds, it is not surprising that you do not see the super variations and flat out shot manipulation. 800 days played in a row for me today, and i see the VEM monster on a daily basis.Just because you dont experience it does not mean it don't  exist  :)

I appreciate what you're saying and from a statistical point of view, your argument is very valid.

I've played for 64 days straight. Maybe once did I just play a quick CTTH, or something, just to get the day in. Mostly, I'm playing 2-4 rounds a day with at least half of those being multi-player. And I mostly play in the evenings on weekdays (central time zone), which is a pretty busy time.

I would think that in 60+ days, I'd see a better than average example of all these connection issues, but I see maybe one example a week and it's usually not me who's getting disconnected.

Having said that, I did have some problems last night where I got disconnected on 3 consecutive attempts of trying to play a stroke play match with a CC member (part of a CC bracket tourney). All three times, it was me getting disconnected, not my playing partner. His experience was seeing my not do anything and the timer run out and then he's left sitting in the game client. Meanwhile, I'm seeing either him or me not load, or both, or a shot freezing up and then getting the disconnect notice. From these descriptions, he's not disconnecting, I am.

I understand you have a larger sample to base your findings, but two straight months of playing, for me, should have revealed a similar pattern as what one reads in the forums, but it doesn't. Is it my set up or is it just luck? Who knows. I do believe it points out that it's very difficult to place blame on one side of the equation or the other. Way too many variables to prove something consistently.

RSS