Help › Forums

How do you advance...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 5 2019 6:45 AM (8 replies)
  • andrewhez1986
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 6:04 AM

Hi there folks,

How do you advance from "hack" to amateur and then up the rankings? 

I think im quite good but still a hack... lol

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:35 AM

You must play Ranked or scored games to bring down your AVG , Blitz games do not count to bring down your AVG .

OPY

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:58 AM

andrewhez1986:

Hi there folks,

How do you advance from "hack" to amateur and then up the rankings? 

I think im quite good but still a hack... lol

WGT – Tiers

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When you have played at least 40  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:39 AM

• enter & play in every free (stroke play) tournament - both weekly & monthly
    • get a full set (x3) of decent wedges 

• dynoflight
    40 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 5:44 AM

I noticed a player at the "tour master" tier who had a stroke average of 150 and had 0 ranked rounds recorded. How is this possible? Has anyone else seen this?

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:37 AM

dynoflight:

I noticed a player at the "tour master" tier who had a stroke average of 150 and had 0 ranked rounds recorded. How is this possible? Has anyone else seen this?

Players that show an average of 150 and 0 ranked rounds are most likely Mobile Players who only play Coin Room rounds. Coin room rounds would not count as ranked rounds so they wouldn't count towards a players average. There are a number of different factors that go into a players tier so these players are still able to advance in game.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 1:14 PM

+1

On mobile, tiers are connected to levels. This works at least until TM.

RSS