Forums

Help › Forums

Inconsistant dot reads

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:48 PM (6 replies)
  • RHudson6
    156 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 2:54 PM

I have been playing the new bracket system...the mechanics are horrible if you are shooting for bird or better..  the slow dots reads are breaking like you are hitting 5 ft down hill and if i hit for the number read im coming up short several inches. Once it's my turn for par..its like everything is perfect read...seems to me unless you have a game mode..these brackets are set up for you to lose no matter how good you shoot. I averaged a 9 hole round of 8.9 feet to the pin and shot a +2 because the dot reads were so false. Is anyone else having these problems?   If so please give me your imput. Severely distressed.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 10:37 PM
    I didn't notice any difference from any other game. As for the set up to lose comment, it's knock-out. Someone has to win and it doesn't affect WGT who it is. Is it the green speed that you are not used to? Apologies if I misunderstood.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 1:23 AM

I cannot say I have seen this, the breaks are normal. I suppose it depends what course you are playing and where the ball is but all in all, not an iota of difference IMO, The only thing I will say, Tournament Speed greens are very fast,  possibly  bordering TM green speed.

• RHudson6
    156 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 2:56 AM

courteneyfish:
    I didn't notice any difference from any other game. As for the set up to lose comment, it's knock-out. Someone has to win and it doesn't affect WGT who it is. Is it the green speed that you are not used to? Apologies if I misunderstood.

Shows the green speed to be tournament speed. Also a friend pointed out to me that maybe because i might be playing a different tier in the bracket that it is adjusting the difficulty of the shot for a more even match. But then again...I'm not for sure and neither is my friend.

• RHudson6
    156 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 2:59 AM

alanti:

I cannot say I have seen this, the breaks are normal. I suppose it depends what course you are playing and where the ball is but all in all, not an iota of difference IMO, The only thing I will say, Tournament Speed greens are very fast,  possibly  bordering TM green speed.

Yeah, Plus my friend said it may have something to do with the tier I am playing against at the time making it a more even match. But unless WGT can confirm that..it is just speculation. thanks for imput.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 1:21 PM

RHudson6:
    Yeah, Plus my friend said it may have something to do with the tier I am playing against at the time making it a more even match. But unless WGT can confirm that..it is just speculation. thanks for imput.

I don't know if the tier you are playing against makes any difference as I positive this is set the same for everyone. But the "tournament" greens at best are TM Tournament greens, and thus I suppose evens it up for all tiers to a degree. Also different courses have slight variations in green speed, so a course like Merion, the greens play like very fast (unless you have those nasty downhill putts lol).

The other thing I will point out, the slower the greens the less the break. This could be where you are mis-reading the break. For example my CC will use a variety of green speeds. The slower the greens the worse I play - I simply over-estimate the break and will always struggle. But on the speed I am used to no problem (well less problems!). But they do say, a good player can handle all conditions......I am not a good player lol

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:48 PM

I see spots, dots or whatnots even when I'm not even playing this game. I need help.

RSS