Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legend Secrets

Mon, Jun 6 2016 1:26 PM (89 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:54 PM

They hit better approach shots. better distance control. Putting not much difference

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 8:30 PM

alexk345:

They hit better approach shots. better distance control. Putting not much difference

I would disagree. Your putting suks! 

One Putt % 38.69%

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 10:52 PM

claremoreblue:
    One Putt % 38.69%
    Yes Blue , spot on. Most great tips are found on common threads , it's just that most (like alexk) obviously don't listen. Learning to push and pull putt's with elevation control. Approach irons considering elevation control, choosing the "correct side of the wind to "Not ding" an approach." It's not something that's easily taught...especially when your dealing with young players whom already know it all. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:09 AM

alexk345:

I sure don't see it that way.  I have an average distance to pin of 12 feet and have an average of 17.21 putts per round.  Even someone as good as Mags only lands the ball 2 feet closer on average but takes nearly 2 putts fewer per round, 15.61 to be exact.

That 2 feet closer isn't the reason for such better scoring, it doesn't hurt of course but he can also make more 20 foot putts than I can 10 foot ones.  Give him an average of 15 feet and I bet his scores would be about the same.

If you're hitting greens in regulation it can only come down to putting.   Holed approach shots will help but the really good scores are down to the putter.

• cpjs
    121 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:40 AM

Yesterday ive play'd against a 54.5 avg TourLegend

I lost  with 2  down because he was a awesome putter with a startersputter!!!

Tee to green was the same  and he used the WGT sd ball and i used the startersball

so i was impressed by his play!!!

Its a shame that i hardly can play MP against a TL because they wont show up when I

try to find a random MP game.

I like there type off play and coarse-management a lot.

Low avg TL are way better in reading the greens imo.

cpjs

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:56 AM

zagraniczniak:

Kind of like in poker, the form we always used to enjoy was 3-card draw, with no showing and plenty of room to bluff, but now it has all turned into Texas high-low this and that which is all reduced to math and odds. 

Not at all. It's just and always matter of brain! Maths help but it's not all, in Texas hold'em. Same here. Interesting 3d, Davide. Ciaooo

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 9:59 AM

Thank you Tam and thanks for share your opinion. Ciao ragazzo.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:20 AM

MainzMan:

alexk345:

I sure don't see it that way.  I have an average distance to pin of 12 feet and have an average of 17.21 putts per round.  Even someone as good as Mags only lands the ball 2 feet closer on average but takes nearly 2 putts fewer per round, 15.61 to be exact.

You can't really learn much from the putts per round stat.  If one player does 80% 18 hole rounds and another player does 80% 9 hole rounds, the 9 hole guy is likely going to have a much better putts per round stats.

• rollinbus1
    110 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:21 AM

what is this spin you talk of this is my bag out of the bag .

find lots of vodka helps play better or ya don't care when ya dont

• HAMINH
    119 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:46 AM

Agreed, if you WD 30% of your rounds, your putts stat obviously far better than no WD. I see some clearly best players here like Bollox & Cadaviar stats are not good as some1 but they posted almost rounds played (very small % WD rounds,& in big competitions) so their stats shows their real skills.

RSS