Forums

Help › Forums

WTF shots & lag stutter more than normal

Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:29 PM (9 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:36 AM

Anyone else been noticing some odd shots and meter lag more than normal?

I went as far as installing a fresh copy of windows and then keeping my system as simplistic and program free as possible and it did nothing! I've tried all the difference browsers with different settings as well. Stutter! Not on every shot sometimes it's smooth. But the lack of consistency in the meter makes it nearly impossible to time consistently throughout a round.

Wgt likes to blame the issues on the user. Well that isn't the case here, it may be for some. For reference, I have a fiber optic 50 mbps connection. Intel i5 Quad core, 16 GB ram, Solid State Drive Etc Etc. There is nothing wrong with my setup and I've never had meter issues until recently.

I've run/ran every legitimate tuneup software known to man. I run CCleaner, Advanced system optimizer, disk cleanup, delete cache, delete Java cache. I also have a program to make sure all my drivers are up to date. I run malwarebytes to keep malware and spyware off my computer. One of the best programs out there fyi... I've never had this kind of meter stutter until the last couple updates from wgt.

As far as wtf shots go. Number 5 or 6 Congressional whatever the par 5 with water is. There was 228 yards to the front of the green. 8 feet downhill, slight 10 mph tail. I hit the 225 with a pixel of back with a ding. It clears to 226 yards and plops in the water.

This should of cleared to at least 233-34 yards and rolled out to about 242-243 yards. I know there are Deviations and such, but this is ridiculous in my opinion. There should be variance in even perfectly struck shots, in real golf and in this but this. But, this is way too much.

Maybe the new flash player release has caused some issues? And btw I no longer see cached items on the flash player control center to delete anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? I used to go to https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html to empty the flash player, but now there is never anything in there. You are supposed to leave the wgt cache item in there and delete it every now and again, but now it's not there!

Can someone check this to confirm they see the same thing please?

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:08 PM

I posted this in another thread...

Slow loads, disconnects and bad meters for a lot of players that i've played with the past 48 hrs.

I've had two distinct lags in my meter for two days now.   CPU is humming along at 6-9%, game booster up and running, CCleaner, Advanced System Repair, etc.... the whole nine. 4GB of ram, 3.75 free, Maxthon Browser, windows7....   Still dealing with "three meters" all that run about two inches and at difference speeds.  haha.  I'm getting tired of this frankly.  

WE shouldn't have to go thru all of this.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:13 PM

AgentBrown123:

https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html to empty the flash player, but now there is never anything in there. You are supposed to leave the wgt cache item in there and delete it every now and again, but now it's not there!

Yeah, me too.  I keep going back to this thread http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/189956.aspx and resaving the link in the 2nd post as a favorite only to go back to it before playing wgt and finding that it's now a clear box again.  Like I said... we shouldn't have to spend 20-40mins cleaning this and updating this just to get a workable meter.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:38 PM

Forgive me if I'm restating anything.

I will notice problems w/ my Dell Vostro 1510 laptop w/ little RAM if I'm running anything in the background. Many members advise to watch your CPU usage meter. (my Maxthon browser has this indicator at the bottom) but sometimes my comp. will update or run defrag. and take up resources)

Since I cast on Twitch TV (gamer TV) I have to run 'XSplit Broadcaster' with takes all my CPU's power so my meter is almost unplayable because of lag, stutter or strobing. But I try to get used to this plight, and it's even worse because I'm broadcasting my game (and recording them) and my opponents usually win. But I'm learning humility!

Good luck, and watch that CPU usage meter. (available in the task manager menu, as you might already know) More info can be found by searching the forums.

• ionutcusu
    17 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:13 PM

is never too late to have meter problems.so welcome to the reality.is doesnot metter what performant pc you have.is just about wgt and is all about VEMS.if wgt want  to put you down they will do it.welcome to the VEMS club agent.:))

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 2:27 PM

Good to know Irish, I thought that was just me.

JF it's definitely not the CPU I could run it doesn't ever get over 10 percent usage when playing wgt.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 3:02 PM

CPU is never about 15% or else I don't play until i'm able to find the source of the ram drain.  Sorry, that's not the issue or at least it's not my issue.  What I'd like to know is how the meter can be good one day, great the next day and terrible for the next 3 days.  I play at the same time so I don't think it has to do with traffic.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:26 PM

AgentBrown123:

Maybe the new flash player release has caused some issues? And btw I no longer see cached items on the flash player control center to delete anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? I used to go to https://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html to empty the flash player, but now there is never anything in there. You are supposed to leave the wgt cache item in there and delete it every now and again, but now it's not there!

I'm running an older version of flash and I have 7 programs listed in the settings_manager including media5.wgt.com

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:42 PM
    One of the things I like about using the Maxthon 3 browser is that it doesn't update. So if you find a smooth meter you just stick with it.
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:29 PM

Well I just found a browser/flash version that works unbelievably well. I mean I have never EVER had such a smooth meter before. And I typically have a very good one. I find myself staring at the meter in awe of how smooth it is and forget to click. it's almost a bad thing!  =D

If you would like to know what the setup is, send me a friend invite and I'll send you a pm with the details. Yeah it's so good that I don't want to post it in here for my main competitors. =D

Agent's back beeches

RSS