Help › Forums

Recent Master Lv Who Loves Skins

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:56 AM (6 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 3:27 AM

Hi All at WGT,

As you can see, I go by the name ShadyShank, and as the title says I recently made it to Master. I was hoping this would result in me getting into more skins games, but it really hasn't.

Skins has been my favorite format since I was a teen. I enjoy it so much, the hundreds of credits I've lost in the skins games I've gotten into, doesn't bother me the slightest. Sure, I'd like to at least break even, or even win an extra 30 credits, but my motivation for playing the format is, honestly, my love for it.

So, if you ever see ShadyShank pop into one of your skins slots, please don't just cancel the game. If you are trying to get friends of yours to play, all I need is a friendly message in the chat box telling me so, and I'll be glad to cancel out right away. I mean, why make a group start all over when it's hard enough filling the slots in skins as it is?

Oh, and if you like 18 holes of skins, please add me as a friend or message me that you do. Heck, please do so if you only like 9 holes of skins. Also, you will find out quickly that I am no shark, my average and Tier are exactly what I have earned in the 4 months I've been a member of the site, and I am who I say I am.

Now, if I happen to play you and I win 18 skins, I promise you will find a gift of a sleeve of your favorite ball shortly after. Now, none of you, unfortunately, will ever receive this gift but not because I'm not a man of my word.

ShadyShank

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:00 AM
    If I may be so bold why not ask your country club owner to set up a skins league? It's very popular in my club.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 5:36 AM

courteneyfish:
    If I may be so bold why not ask your country club owner to set up a skins league? It's very popular in my club.

Could you expound on this, please? I like the idea. Also, do you have a way to level competition with mixed tiers and no handicaps in your club. Ours is only TL-L but there's a pretty big difference in scoring for some.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:15 AM

courteneyfish:

Excellent idea, and I have done a little pushing for it. I recently became a member of a very good club with a gr8 guy who runs it. Problem is, he's very busy doing the Spring handicapped tournaments they do and I don't want to press too much on it at this point.

I'd like to try to get a discussion going on this, and if you would join in when you can with some ideas, suggestions, orf example's of what your CC does it would be appreciated. Or, if you ever let people from outside your club play from time to time, I'd definitely appreciate that.

YankeeJim, we could, with the right amount of participation, get our own little skins club going from this thread made up of people from many different clubs. Possibly make the one requirement be that you have to be a member of a CC, or a WGT member, anything that will help players feel more confident about who they are playing. I know that is one problem as far as just getting into a skins match, and I understand that.

I can't tell you how many different times I've brought this up at WGT in one place or another, only to see nothing come out of it. The thing is, I know we have plenty of WGT players who would list skins as their favorite format.

I'm willing to try to get maybe between 10-50 players who would want to "friend up" and see if we can get a weekly or even daily game going, and hopefully more than just that. The problem is, unless your CC has an organized league like courteneyfish's it's not very easy to get one going I have found.

I will keep trying though. Thanks for both of your replies and please don't let this idea just die.

Kevin (ShadyShank)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:43 AM

YankeeJim:
    Ours is only TL-L but there's a pretty big difference in scoring for some.

Yes then the damned TL holes out from the fairway on 18 to steal the poor legends glory! :))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:01 AM

alanti:
    Yes then the damned TL holes out from the fairway on 18 to steal the poor legends glory! :))

LOL. That'll learn ya, whippersnapper.  :-D

@Kevin. That's a nifty idea but the biggest hinderance is the time differences. Skins requires face to face competition but if a league of that sort could use something like WGT weekly single play tournaments for face offs, the CC-wide league could work. 

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:56 AM

I like the Cc wide idea a lot. But I also wouldn't give up too quick on the idea of getting a group together. I understand what you mean about the time differences etc. but this could just be a group who all friend each other and don't really have a set schedule.

It would need to be made up of players who are ready and want to play a skins match anytime they get invited. Unless, of course, they are busy with a round they can't just quit without ruining it. I've left Stroke Play Tournament's that I know I can still play later several times upon receiving a skins invite.

Shoot, drop those rounds like bad habits and go play skins is an easy choice for me. And maybe, if we could find enough players who enjoy skins enough to do just that, that small group of players may rarely have to wait very long to get a group together.

But, I am still a rookie here, to an extent, and maybe what I'm asking for just isn't gonna happen.

RSS