Forums

Help › Forums

WGT math

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 18 2014 3:48 AM (6 replies)
  • JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 10:14 PM

As of yesterday I had a 67.6 avg. with 121 ranked rounds played. I tiered up a level and have since played 3 rounds. My avg is now shown as 82.6. with 124 ranked rounds played. There is no way that 3 rounds raised it 15 pts. So what am I missing?

I took the time to figure it myself based off of the stats listed in my score history. On rounds where only 9 holes were played I doubled the score to simulate a full round. I came up with a 76.2 +/- avg. I also figured it without the final 3 rnds after tiering up and that lowered it less than a point.

Does your avg reset to a higher # after tiering up or or is there some special formula other than basic avgs being used here? The fact that it doesn't even match what's listed in our stats raises questions.

Thx in advance for any explanations.

121 X 67.6 = 8180,

124 X 82.6 = 10242,

10242 - 8180 = 2062

2062 / 3 = 687

I'd have had to have shot scores of 687 to raise the avg 15 pts in 3 rounds.

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 10:19 PM

It starts over at the new tier.  So you have a 3 game average in this case.  All prior games are not a factor. 

• JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 10:29 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. makes sense then, I just never noticed it before.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:21 AM

Congrats to your promotion!

Furtheron, concerning the average, do you know about saturation? It becomes more important as the challenge rises from tier to tier. The numbers are 40, 50, 500, 500 from your new tier up, marking the maximum no. of lowest scores in the calculation. Par3 and Par5 courses are excluded here.

And, each time you tier up, you may want to take a note of the number of stroke play rounds from your stats unless you save your score history locally. Thus you can get a grasp of the precious "50" and "500".

• JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:05 PM

So is that why I tiered up after only 50 ranked rounds? I did beat 1 legend and 1 TM. It actually tiered me when I beat the TM. I guess I expected to stay at TP a little longer.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:56 PM

True:

To beat a higher tier or to win credits in tournaments may accelerate the average/tier process to an unknown extent.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 3:48 AM

JGrossnickle:
    So what am I missing?

Simple man: purpose, and you have none. So what is your point?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but who really cares about your so called issue?

I do not!

We have larger fish to fry and the star still remains in her tent!

And Paulton is paying her how much and a many quid per a day? SHAME ON YOU BOTH.

GET MIO IN HERE RIGHT NOW, NO, NOT THAT ONE YOU FOOL, THE REAL MIO. IDIOTS!

P.S. And I don't ewant to hear it! Have a tissue you mamby bamby puss boy's (throwing the box your way). FEEL BETTER? I KNOW I DO! Now get your pampered little girly ass britches up off my beach and start acting like NAVY!

WE HAVE JOB TO DO!

Have a nice day!

RSS