Forums

Help › Forums

Legend tier

Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:59 AM (20 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:52 PM

As my better half (Sharon) has told me many times, that i am a legend in my own mind!

Well now it is offical!  Made level 97 yesterday, Legend tier today. it has been a big week

.  Birthday next week, and a promise of new irons for my birthday from know it all sharon.  Maybe I will find out what all the fuss is about?  Only took 4 years and 5 months to do it.

Recommendations on a "Legend" ball to use, or stick with the nike ?  My Nickle!!!

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 3:03 PM

You have one of the top balls, the "Legend" balls specs cannot match those. Congratz on the promotion.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 3:26 PM

Way to go my friend. I have been at 97 for a year, will make the 98 in a few days. It's a long haul. Just keep trudging along, it is way to expensive otherwise unless you have unlimited credits to play all the time. Congrats on the milestones and an early Happy Birthday. 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:05 PM

Congrats ,,,      its a good tier to be in ......       :)          Frapp

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:54 PM
    Well done sir. One more step to the top.
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 10:23 PM

Congratulations!  I myself never thought I would get past Tour Pro tier when I first started out. With some help from a few great friends & good players on here ( Mantis0014 - Legendcrusher - efratimike - TwominusOne - Theshoeman - Paran) . I finally reached Legend status on February 8th 2014..Was a long ride to get here but the new views are simply Amazing!...lol Now just have to re-learn the courses all over again; but it's worth it. Thanks to all the players who had the patience and talent to prepare me for this long journey....Cheers!......Joe

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:39 PM

Welcome to the car park and congratulations. Personally I only really  started  to enjoy the game when I made legend. Not sure why and I am only an average player. The key at any tier is to have fun and enjoy the game. 

As for the ball, stick t what you are used too and can afford. 

And have a great birthday next week.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:09 AM

lee22sharon:

As my better half (Sharon) has told me many times, that i am a legend in my own mind!

Well now it is offical!  Made level 97 yesterday, Legend tier today. it has been a big week

.  Birthday next week, and a promise of new irons for my birthday from know it all sharon.  Maybe I will find out what all the fuss is about?  Only took 4 years and 5 months to do it.

Recommendations on a "Legend" ball to use, or stick with the nike ?  My Nickle!!!

Hahaha! Congratulations!!! And happy birthday for next week!

I use the Level 48 Nike balls, which cost 400 credits. I think balls are like putters, it's a very personal choice.

Anyway, congratulations again! Can't wait to play with you!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:38 PM

Congrats on your promotion.

The legend tee's are not that bad, once you get the hang of em.  The game will get harder to play now, so don't get discouraged.

The golf balls you're using is pretty good and the L89 Bertha 3wood is a great club to get.

Good Luck and have Fun

-Roger

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:14 PM

Hey, CONGRATS (lee22sharon) on reaching the Legend Tier.

Though, I think you made the same mistake that I made right after I made Legend. When you reached Legend, your average was 61.00.  Then, like me, you went right out and posted a couple of rounds that were too high; So, WGT jumped your average up to 71.00. I think my average was pushed up to 73.00. 

So, I spent approximately 16 months working my average down from 73.00 to where it is now, which is 64.95....or (8) strokes in 16 months time.  Unreal. 16 months of daily play and approx. 1,400 ranked rounds since making Legend; I now have just over 2,000 ranked rounds played.

It also took me 2 full months to adjust to the Legend Tees. Could barely hit par for 2 months.

But, I will say, it only took me about 4-1/2 months to reach the Legend Tier.  I have read here in the Forum where some members have made Legend in 4 weeks.  Pretty unreal.

WGT is still a great site, super golf game!!!  And, reaching the Legend Tier is definitely a very cool accomplishment!

Personally, I recommend Nike balls if you're OK with the costs.  And, look at the golf equipment other Legends (and Tour Legends) are using.  You may wish to upgrade some of your equipment to help your game from the longer tees.

But, I'm having to take a break for awhile and just catch my breath.

Best of Luck to you!

Bob

RSS