Forums

Help › Forums

Arlette

Tue, Jan 6 2015 8:33 AM (27 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:31 PM

Ah yes, Arlette. Beautiful Arlette. Perfect Arlette. Giant IQ Arlette. Gorgeous Raven Hair Arlette. Radient Blue Eyed Arlette. Glowing Smile & Flawless Teeth Arlette. Creamy Un-Blemished Skin Arlette. Polite Well Mannered Arlette. Diamond Bezel Platinum Rolex Arlette. Porsche Arlette. Wealthy Arlette. Arlette, Arlette, Arlette...and... "Lily, if you could lose 20 pounds of that baby fat, you could be cute" Arlette. "Lily, I bet you can't wait til those braces's come off" Arlette. "Lily, I can help you with your hair and make-up...every little bit helps" Arlette. "Lily, all you do is read history and play golf, all that sun is a ruin of your skin...I wouldn't call it living either" Arlette. "Lily, don't worry, all your brothers and your sister are great looking people. I'm sure you will be too, with time" Arlette.... I so adore Arlette.

UFC will bring people together. For an upcoming Saturday night, my brother Jonny and his girlfriend, Arlette, were having a UFC party. A fine mix of 20 to 25 year-old friends ready for action. The fight, booze of all kind, and a splendid array of hors d'oeuvres and finger food to die for. About twenty young people.

It seems I am a bit of a wizard with food & drink...a creative perfectionist with a knack for what will work better. I was 14, but was requested to make my "fo' getta bout it" Margaritas, (hint ~ Patron - Cointreau - Gran Marnier...other secrets) they are the best; and also to prepare my salsa...a recipe, also of my own, that has yet to find an equal. It's Arlette's "dream about" favorite. I was pretty excited to be exposed to this little get together.

One of the secrets to the salsa is a very, very small tincture of Habanero. I purchased fresh habaneros and Scotch Bonnets and put them in my dehydrator for 30 hours...perfect hard little nuggets, dryer than a 'pop-corn fart'...perfect...then grounded in the blender to powder. Then the perfect beefsteak tomatoes and many other discovered treasures that make my salsa impossible to resist. It is the best, fact of life. Arlette says so...and for her, instead of the 1/8th teaspoon of the powder, I went with 3 tablespoons. Now, the Jalapeno pepper is hot - rated 2,500 to 8,000 on the scoville scale - hot. The Hananero & Scotch Bonnet are at parity...100,000 to 350,000 on the scoville scale...the FURNACE!!!

Arlette came an hour early to overview everything. She had been to her stylist and 'who knows' where else. She was dressed very casual in expensive, finest quality, perfectly tailored garmets she accented with her other 18K yellow gold Roly Pres...so chic...she looked amazing. Perfect in every way. Guests showed up and away we went. Perfect.

Arlette asked about the salsa and I told her I was chilling it to the perfect state. I brought it out and announced it was especially for Arlette and that she was to be first to indulge. I had these special tortilla chips that are scooped in shape and hold a giant amount of salsa. Arlette couldn't wait and scooped the maximum amount possible and gobbled it down. Evidently, the human tongue has around 3,000 to 10,000 taste buds. Her reaction was speedy and tremendous. I can't remember a more violent and painful display, not to mention surprize. She was hysterical for relief. She had captured every eye in the room. The high scoville rating will linger...for hours or more. The only chance for a little relief is milk. Oh, I forgot to mention that while shopping I picked-up some good old Knudsen's 'real churned' Buttermilk..."Arlette, quick drink this cold milk!" As she was gulping it down, I picked up the milk carton and shouted "My God! This milk expired 2 months ago!" 3-2-1 Bingo! I have never seen anyone regurgitate so strongly. I also noticed that Arlette had been wolfing the hors d'oeuvres down without proper mastication. Disgusting, messy, classless and it stinketh. It ruined Arlette's evening...it made mine.   

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:04 PM

SweetiePie:
    Evidently, the human tongue has around 3,000 to 10,000 taste buds. Her reaction was speedy and tremendous. I can't remember a more violent and painful display, not to mention surprize. She was hysterical for relief. She had captured every eye in the room. The high scoville rating will linger...for hours or more. The only chance for a little relief is milk.

I've always used the "Mary Poppins" cure for hot (spicy) foods ... a spoonful of sugar.  It sounds like you and Arlette get along as well as my cousin's girlfriend and I get along!  I got my revenge over Halloween last year ... the makeup crew made sure she looked hideous ... and the black and gray dye they used in her hair ... they accidentally used permanent color instead of wash-out.  Sooooo made my day!

It's sooooo sad those two aren't together any more (NOT!).

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:00 PM

DaddysKat:

It is sad. Arlette was soon missing too...It made me sad (NOT!) Poor Jonny

well, back to the facinating VEM conversation, I suppose

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:11 PM

SweetiePie:
    Oh, I forgot to mention that while shopping I picked-up some good old Knudsen's 'real churned' Buttermilk..."Arlette, quick drink this cold milk!" As she was gulping it down, I picked up the milk carton and shouted "My God! This milk expired 2 months ago!" 3-2-1 Bingo!

Whew! Oh that's a great story SP!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:13 PM

SweetiePie:

DaddysKat:

It is sad. Arlette was soon missing too...It made me sad (NOT!) Poor Jonny

well, back to the facinating VEM conversation, I suppose

Either that or the spellbinding witch hunt threads!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:19 PM

DaddysKat:
    Either that or the spellbinding witch hunt threads!

Don't say that Kat. He'll rear his ugly head in here.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:33 PM

In the unlikely event that I should forget - somebody remind me not to be the taste tester for Miffy's Salsa - or volunteer for a make-over with Kat in charge!!

One of the funniest posts that I have EVER READ!!!

P.S. LOVE the buttermilk touch!!!

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:36 PM

Um, Sweetie, we simply must get together for a game sometime, I like your style. Just remind me not to win ( not that I probably would ) but, I'm a little leery of the consequences if by some fluke it should happen .

Doc :)

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:37 PM

SweetiePie:
    It ruined Arlette's evening...it made mine

sterling tale SP..........

:-)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:59 PM

mara43:

SweetiePie:
    It ruined Arlette's evening...it made mine

sterling tale SP..........

:-)

Don't ya' just love happy endings!  lol.

RSS