Help › Forums

I wish I had bought this bargain when I started out....NOT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 15 2014 5:52 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 12:19 AM

Never noticed these, more to the point, the bargain price. Is this price for real?

wgt tour plus full set l6.aspx?i=64df5eda 91fc 49c8 8ca7 92ebef5e0bbc

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 2:02 AM

it's there to trap newly signed up players with low levels,
    that still have no idea how things work, or that they can get
    much much better value for less money, if they just keep leveling up.

same ole corporate predator mentality

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 2:37 AM

Yeah, the second most expensive full set in the pro shop and as an iron set only 5 credits cheaper than the L90 R11.

The staff must have been smoking something illegal the day they came up with those.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 2:52 AM

MainzMan:

Yeah, the second most expensive full set in the pro shop and as an iron set only 5 credits cheaper than the L90 R11.

The staff must have been smoking something illegal the day they came up with those.

That is ridiculous!

I reckon they were smoking Salvia Divinorum. After smoking that stuff we'd all be replacing our r11's and nikes with them.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:42 AM

Well I HAD to try these. 

My verdict was oddly they were better than I thought but that is about it,

They had a slow meter, driver averaged 266 with longest 295 and hit all fairways. Playing from legend tees left mostly long approaches (St A;s) and using the level 33 Cally could not stop the ball quickly, even using the wedge and 9i, So on a course with elevation changes would be useless. 

gmaster007:

t's there to trap newly signed up players with low levels,
    that still have no idea how things work, or that they can get
    much much better value for less money, if they just keep leveling up.

same ole corporate predator mentality

Summed up well, and yes someone was smoking something.

In a nutshell, a rip off aimed at newbies who do not know better. I wonder how many players bought this set and thought....man I have just been ripped badly and left in disgust.

Come on $54 bucks for these????

Now I know WGT do not discuss pricing etc as this is kept under wraps as well as the  Colonels secret recipe....but 

can we have some sort of explanation why this set is SO expensive for such a poor set attribute wise? 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:37 AM

It's low (level) and it's slow (meter) => it's remarkable (price).

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 7:02 AM

alanti:
    can we have some sort of explanation why this set is SO expensive for such a poor set attribute wise?
    My guess is that someone has dropped and extra zero on the end of the price and they should be 539 credits and not 5,390. These are lvl 6 and if you look at the similar set at lvl 10 they are priced at 782 credits.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:53 AM

Added an extra zero... lol

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:40 AM

Out of curiosity I had to rent them and give it a go. The clubs played extremely well from the Champ Tees. Lot a fun actually. Only downside was the meter was too slow for my liking.

Totally agree WGT is charging way too much to buy them. Then again, we have day one members who buy level ups to L64. ;)

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 7:55 PM

The price.

Must have been the same person who came up with $3,000 USD for a golf bag!! or should I say most the elite items..

• PAGES
RSS