Forums

Help › Forums

Why Am I Switching Between Tiers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 21 2009 6:20 PM (5 replies)
  • IGTSKLZ
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:43 AM

If you look at my scoring history, you will see that I'm going back 'n forth between Amatuer and Pro.  Why is that? 

• Chevron
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:41 PM

to me that just looks like the competitoin you entered was mainly for that particuliar tier rather than your actual rank.

as i noticed my score history similiarly switching ranks.

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 11:32 AM

Chevron is correct.  If you enter a tourny before you change tiers, your entry tier is the tier used for the tourny.

So if you join an unlimited month long entry tourny as a hack, and get promoted to Master within a week, you still play that ytourny as a hack for the rest of the month.

• bear34
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 7:19 AM

They must have changed things since you posted your message. As of last evening, I was bumped to master, and when I attempted to set up a new round in the July 18 hole BPB open I was moved to master tier in that tourney although I began the month as a pro???

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 5:23 PM

Same thing happened here, although the subsequent round I played as a Master in the tourney, under Master conditions, doesn't show up on the leaderboard.  My pro score is still listed in the Pro tier, and since my Master score wasn't any better than that, I'm not exactly sure where my Master round ended up? 

To hypothesize, if I shoot a better round than my current pro score in the July BB 18-hole Open, (which is presumably my final pro score?  my understanding is one can move up tiers but not down?), does that round count in the Master tier or the Pro tier for July?  I'll assume you can only win a prize in one tier in any given tournament, and guess that even though you are now playing as a Master, under Master conditions, if you beat your pro score it will update in the Pro tier as opposed to the Master tier in the monthly tournament.

Of course, I could be completely out to lunch, too....

Comments / actual experiences welcomed.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2009 6:20 PM

Once you start a tournament in a particular tier, every score you record for the duration of that tournament will be recorded in that tier, regardless of whether you've moved up.  Also, once you enter a tournament in a particular tier, you will be unable to enter the same tournament in the next tier up in the same event during the duration of the tournament.

Nutshell:  If you entered as a Pro in the July 18-hole BP tourney, all your scores are for that Pro division until the end of the month, and you can't register any for the Master division.  You'll have to wait until next month for that.

RSS