Forums

Help › Forums

brackets

Sat, May 31 2014 1:56 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ghomer
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:20 PM

love the brackets but!!!! been in 3rd round 2 times have tied both and lost without a playoff!can anyone tell me why?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:35 PM

ghomer:

love the brackets but!!!! been in 3rd round 2 times have tied both and lost without a playoff!can anyone tell me why?

There's no playoffs...  You would have lost on a countback

Read this and it will tell you how the countback system works

-Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:39 PM

I've noticed people still Withdrawing from Brackets.

I think all the previous problems we had has been fixed.....Apart from timing out, I think everybody should complete their games regardless of how bad you think your score s going, because you don't know what the other person is going to do.

I shot a 34 on Beth F9 ...   I usually shoot lower scores on there and was getting a bit annoyed (won't say what I was really thinking...lol)  and I was also think of pulling the pin, but finished the game.

My opponent Wd'd ....   and I'm in the SF.

-Roger

• BackwoodsTom
    32 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 7:54 AM

I've encountered the same problem and am very frustrated by this. I've also been WD'd from tourneys when I have been watching the clock countdown to make sure I played at the earliest possible time.

I would really like to know why some wait two days before a round is closed?

And why ties are not settled with a playoff of some sort?

• HarrowsmithJJs
    205 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 1:32 PM

I've noticed only tour legends with 50 averages win every bracket..waste of time and creds being tierless..

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 11:15 PM

HarrowsmithJJs:

I've noticed only tour legends with 50 averages win every bracket..waste of time and creds being tierless..

Perhaps in the credit brackets as you are then playing against many of the top TL and Legends.

But looking at your stats and score history, I think you are wasting your credits entering. I just play the free brackets occasionally for fun and I have won several brackets and I am no TL or have an average under 60, so it is possible.

To be blunt, I think you could be tossing good money away in a tiered bracket as well. 

• lefty357
    652 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:38 PM

HarrowsmithJJs:

ya tour legends our out like vampires in those bracket tourneys, TIER THEM!!

• Bouniant
    57 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 4:26 PM

Yep . . .the non tiered brackets for credits are being swept up by the Tour Legends , . . . . . waste of money big time. Hey in a second round there is no ay to eat a 53 or a 54. Great way for TL to rake in credits. THIS IS BS

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 6:38 PM

I'm a TL ....  sorry for being a pain.....lol.

I've made a few credit Semi's but that's as far as I can go (which I don't mind)... only because I hate the course, which always kill me ...lol.

Play the Course and not your Opponent. If you can't beat the course, then you won't beat anybody.  If you can't shoot low/middle 60's or low 30's (forget about the 20's/50's) then stick to the free Brackets.  

Brackets are also good to map out the courses because you will be playing the same course in all the ones you enter....  until Wgt changes them. 

After saying all that....   If you do enter the credit comps....   It's good to    'Dare to Dream'

-Roger

• llewellyn727
    33 Posts
    Mon, May 19 2014 11:36 AM

As most on this post I can't get my score posted for Pro Free (3rd Round) bracket ID# 16459 & it will be over in the next few minutes. Please try to correct these issues. I scored either 36 0r 37. I imagine I will be shown WD. Bummer!!

• PAGES
RSS