Forums

Help › Forums

TL Ready Go

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 19 2014 7:49 PM (9 replies)
  • Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:25 AM

I played a tl ready last weekend, Kiawah b9, did well; and normally a RG fills up pretty fast, even within a day, but after 5 days 29 played there, the last 2 days none.

If there is so much trouble filling up these, why are there more TL ready go's then ever? Instead they could happily enjoy us with more general RG"s, I think

BTW the same thing seems to not work for the uneven ready go's

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:17 AM

Agree. They just need to do away with the TL RGs and replace them with the high stakes RGs that the players want and some other open tier RGs.

Currently there are 10 TL RGs sitting on the board. Once of them is not from this rotations and it isn't from the last rotation, its from 2 rotations ago, which means it has been sitting there for like 2 months. I believe it has been sitting with about 31 or 32 sign ups for about 2 weeks now.

I disagree on the UEL RGs. Those can fill if they pick the right ones. I think it is just this particular set is not that appealing to e1. I don't know. They have 4 or 5 UEL RGs a few weeks ago and they were filling pretty regularly. I think 1 o2 were turning over everyday. The others every couple of days

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:07 PM

Re the UEL RGs... yes, the right ones will work. It's just a matter of finding them.

I was asked to make some suggestions for a large number of UEL RGs, which I forwarded on after consulting with several other players. (See this post for more info)

Perhaps there are just too many, and that's part of the problem... and, in retrospect, I might have suggested easier conditions.

Also, it's an experiment to do UEL RGs for the first time that are tier-specific. Moreover, two of the ones that were suggested and might well have been popular didn't make it, a Cabo 500cr all-tier one, and an Oly F9 50cr all-tier one. And, most important of all, there was a snafu on the main 1000cr high-stakes one, at Merion, which was first created as flat-lie by mistake, and then 'rectified' by making another one (the right one is ID#64065). Now we have an absurd situation where no-one knows which is which, and it's causing both to fill slower. It seems there is no way for WGT to pull a tourney once it's been made. Given this situation, I don't think it's fair to judge whether or not this high-stakes UEL experiment would have worked or not, especially as many people join an RG when they see momentum gathering.

So, there's a combination of issues going on... but even so, the 100cr Kiawah one has filled four times in one week, the 300cr RSG has filled once, and the tier-specific Whistler ones have also filled and are part way through their 2nd turn around. 

If anyone has constructive suggestions to make, that would be great. Some lessons I'm taking from this set is that even though there've been many calls for high-stakes, conditions need to be mild... and also, we need a mix of cheap options: this set is definitely missing the 50cr fast turn-around option.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 5:49 PM

Ditto.  I played an SA TL RG 4 or 5 days ago, and no one has played it the last 2 days.  At the moment, there are TWO SA TL RG's for 300 credits each and I've played them both and waiting for them to end.  Not sure if there's a difference in the two events.  Too many TL and UL tourneys.  I'm sure the folks at WGT will realize the slow turnover and do away with having so many.  I, for one, won't play any more of the TL RG's for this reason.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:45 PM

Last TL ready go i played took over a month to close.

Nope not playing anymore of those for sure.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:07 PM

I did the TL RSG all 18 RG certainly over a week ago.  Think I was the 13th to enter, and just checking now still waiting for lucky punter no. 14. Kind of knew it when I entered lol.  Not rushing to do another.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 12:41 AM

Yep I dont play TL RG's anymore either due to the slow turnaround.  LAst one i did complete took well over a month to finish....

Would rather more tierless RGs and only a couple of TL tourneys at most

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 5:02 PM

I see they have TWO SA TL RG's for 300 credits...  I don't know if there is any difference between the two (I played them both weeks ago), but if the conditions are the same they should just combine the results.  One has been stuck on 37 entries for about a week, and the other has 16.  Doesn't look like they're going to end anytime soon. 

• Ryan1378
    34 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 6:15 PM

yea, buncha BS just like the new credit brackets....no career earnings & it affects your score average. Lame rush it to the market crap. Oh but you get to see before you sign up who you will be playing. Like I said ...rushed to the market. I think we need more advertisements too, seems to help the game play run much more smoothly ffs.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 7:49 PM

Also, why are there TWO UE Merion tourneys for 1000 credits?  Again, looks like the same event posted twice.  I'm sure they will finish in my lifetime.  Whoever sets up these RG's needs a slap....

RSS