Forums

Help › Forums

Whats the best irons available?

Tue, Sep 9 2014 8:07 PM (28 replies)
  • Crazyfedexguy
    62 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 11:11 AM

If you have had more then one set what irons do you live and swear by? Ive rented several but holding out for higher level options. Just curious what everyone likes.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 12:24 PM

The answers you get are probably not going to help you much I'm afraid.

Players between L85 and 89 are probably going to say Nike.

Those between L90 and 96 will say R11.

And those L97 and above will say Nike again.

The truth is the best set of irons is almost always going to be the ones available at the highest level and for the highest price. 

For what it's worth I probably had the most fun here while using Raptures, sadly no longer available.  The G10 would be a close second though.  Also now gone.

For a real feeling of having played well when you hit a good shot the i15 are tough to beat though.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 12:26 PM
    If you can handle the speed then I think that the R11's are the best clubs here. Sadly I couldn't.
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 12:36 PM

courteneyfish:
    If you can handle the speed then I think that the R11's are the best clubs here. Sadly I couldn't.

You should have tried the i15.  Well, you still can next free rental weekend.  They're exactly the sort of irons I think we need at the top of the gear tree right now, great risk/reward clubs.

I seriously recommend everyone tries them next time you get a chance.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 1:44 PM

Great advice by MM, and yes we hopefully will get a free rental weekend during the Masters...hint hint lol

I will say this to the OP, personally I think you are wasting credits using a level 71 Nike ball with your clubs. With your clubs, you are not getting the most out of the ball, so personally I would choose a much cheaper ball, and accrue these credits for better clubs. 

• LSUFootball
    105 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 3:08 PM

MainzMan:
    For what it's worth I probably had the most fun here while using Raptures, sadly no longer available.  The G10 would be a close second though.  Also now gone.

Fun is still being had by me with the level 58 G10's and Rapture 3W!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 9:06 PM

LSUFootball:

Fun is still being had by me with the level 58 G10's and Rapture 3W!

Nice to hear from our resident antique dealer ; )

I do kinda wish I'd kept some of the old gear I've had though, especially the Raptures.

• AeriesTakaaki
    83 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 10:49 PM

My vote goes for the Taylor Made SpeedBlades.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 11:33 PM

Memories...

Poor man's driver still has an honorary space in my inventory. Forgiveness and meter speed were unmatched then AFAIK.

Still chuckling when I think of a few MP wins as a TP against Masters who may not have even noticed that I played driverless ;)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 7:10 AM

Giving most a go, starter to wgt upgrade to Rapture to G-10 to Max to V-Blade...I enjoyed them all. Biggest jump with thrill? All.

RSS