skip nav

Forums

vol.2 Tekoma's Putting Techniques

Sun, Mar 3 2019 5:07 PM by Wheels65. 36 replies.
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 3:51 AM

suncity28:

Tekoma`s you said in vol 1 you watched all my videos.

Hole 4 to 9 try this putting style.

WOW!! excellent !! Thank you very much for the tip. I knew, one could use wedge for putting but was not aware of pitch mode would work on green! and have not seen it before on your videos or I missed that part! Remarkable!!! Gr8 work mate..thanks for sharing.

Tek

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 3:53 AM

andwhy67:

Just had a look at my imgur account, some of the photos i cut/cropped etc go back a year, l sent some to a member when i to was a member there.

l know people will look at putting stats and comment on how "you shouldn't be giving tips" but when l sort of worked it out, crossing grid lines, putt lines running parallel with the lines on the greens, some of it made sense.

Sent you a friend request, l'll send you a PM

Thanks a lot !

Digg
    Delicious
  • SplashLewis United States
    332 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 4:39 AM

dryspot:

How can you tell when 2 ding or not 2 ding

dryspot

Dryspot,

I sent you a putting calculator via email a month ago.  Did you get it?  Havent heard from you

Digg
    Delicious
  • Steve2golf Canada
    930 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 6:52 AM

Ok, I'm a little slow, figured out hole 1 and 2, but hole 3 befuddles me. Can you explain hole 3 to me a little clearer.

Digg
    Delicious
  • cdefghi United States
    2,855 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 7:21 AM

More good stuff T, and thank you again for sharing your ideas with ev1. On a recent quarry at BpB- B9, shortly after a joyous moment of celebration over acing the 1rst par 3, I again noticed some movement and heard rustling in the brush behind the green while removing my ball from the cup.  I'm glad you have the support of The Bigfoot Research Team for these signature videos, but also have the added sense of security  knowing where to call when there's a sighting.  Who ya gonna call--Bigfoot busters, and Tekoma.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 12:11 PM

Steve2golf:

Ok, I'm a little slow, figured out hole 1 and 2, but hole 3 befuddles me. Can you explain hole 3 to me a little clearer.

As I say in the video, by looking at flow, aim marker should be somewhere around here..

But I am after a precise point... If I used middle section of vertex box. my aim line would be further left of the hole..and if used cross section would be even further away from the hole.

This method works like this:

First you place your aim marker by judging flow and find whereabouts marker should approx. stay... Then you extend the aiming line by holding aim marker until you reach vertex line and see if it is at crossing or in the middle of the box. If you read the flow approx correct, you will see that it is either at crossing or in the middle...and 10% is like this example...and that is because of the cam angle!!

Because this shot has rare cam angle, ( as one other example I have on Bethpage, showed on vol.1 )....I correlate aiming by using closest cross section to pin and use the same amount of distance for placing my marker, so that pin stays in the middle of these two points.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 12:14 PM

cdefghi:

More good stuff T, and thank you again for sharing your ideas with ev1. On a recent quarry at BpB- B9, shortly after a joyous moment of celebration over acing the 1rst par 3, I again noticed some movement and heard rustling in the brush behind the green while removing my ball from the cup.  I'm glad you have the support of The Bigfoot Research Team for these signature videos, but also have the added sense of security  knowing where to call when there's a sighting.  Who ya gonna call--Bigfoot busters, and Tekoma.

LOL bud... you know you are one of the team member, right? together with Bobi, Harry and Mat... :P

Digg
    Delicious
  • suncity28 Australia
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:40 PM

Tekoma:

WOW!! excellent !! Thank you very much for the tip. I knew, one could use wedge for putting but was not aware of pitch mode would work on green! and have not seen it before on your videos or I missed that part! Remarkable!!! Gr8 work mate..thanks for sharing.

Tek

I had been playing around with the shot for 1.5 years, It use to be a very easy shot to play back then you could use backspin on the ball and could one bounce and in the hole now days you can`t use spin on the shot. 

Was bored filmed a few greens using the shot then misses started nagging.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tekoma United States
    690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 1:22 AM

Another excellent video!! Thanks again for sharing ! I cleaned up and polished your wedge...it's in the bag !

greetings...thank misses for me..

gotta go and straighten my wedge ! ;-)

Tek (Ken)

suncity28:

I had been playing around with the shot for 1.5 years, It use to be a very easy shot to play back then you could use backspin on the ball and could one bounce and in the hole now days you can`t use spin on the shot. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Steve2golf Canada
    930 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 3:34 AM

suncity28:

This reminds me of RLG, I play drunk or stoned, or both mostly and have a rule that I only carry 1 club to the green to avoid leaving 1 lying around and have developed quite a skill at wedge putting.

Thank you for this.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS