Help › Forums

Friends List to Delete

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 20 2017 11:38 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LindaLuvsTiger
    85 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 10:50 AM

A year ago I suggested that when players are removing friends, we should be able to click on OUR profile, view all, then have a BOX next to each friend, click on it and continue on to the next friend.

Meaning, not this back and forth going to each friend individually, then wait for it to come up, then click "remove friend" then go back to our own profile friends list and do the same thing over and over and over again.

So dang time consuming it's unreal.  Suggestion:  One small box next to each players name, click it and each one you want to delete, down at the bottom of the friends list maybe say "delete all".  ONE TIME deal save us minutes, hour or even longer.  The more data on there, the slower WGT can be.  So many players told me if they have a lot,  time consuming that is unbelievable.

This is a simple request to fix (I think).  Ty L

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:45 AM

There's a much better way to do it, Linda, almost like that check box you suggested. Go to your profile, expand your friends list and then right-click on the one you want to remove. Pick the option to open in a new tab. Do this for as many as you want then go to those tabs, delete the friend and close the tab. No back and forth, no waiting.  :-)

p.s., Sometimes the Remove Friend button is not there. Just refresh that page.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:51 AM

Jim, have you forgotten the mouse wheel click to open links in a new tab already? hehe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:24 PM

ScottHope:

Jim, have you forgotten the mouse wheel click to open links in a new tab already? hehe.

LOL. Mine doesn't.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:41 PM

Oh, does your mouse wheel not act as a button?

↓↓  EDIT : Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification Jim.  ↓↓

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 3:20 PM

Yes but I can program it and I stopped the right click because it's really sensitive.

• Kooltimes
    47 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:53 AM

I have tried this and I don't see a "Remove Friend" only "Add as friend".  Can't seem to delete anything.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:06 PM

Kooltimes:

I have tried this and I don't see a "Remove Friend" only "Add as friend".  Can't seem to delete anything.

If the only thing you are seeing is add friend, then they aren't on your friends list. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:06 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Kooltimes:

If the only thing you are seeing is add friend, then they aren't on your friends list. 

- WGTdbloshoe

Not totally true, Shoe.

If you have over 255 friends, those above the 255 friend count will appear on your profile "friends list", but when you go to that member's profile, you will only see the "Add as friend" option.

Sorry Kooltimes ... in order to remove a friend above the 255 counter, you will have to remove friends below that count.  Once the friend you want to remove falls into that magical 255 count, you can remove them.

FWIW:  That #255 ... this is the binary (2^8 - 1 ... or 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 - 1 for those that don't know the carat as being the "power symbol".  We recognize the number 255 rather easily ... but to a computer, that's 11111111.

It's a great way to pick teams when playing the spread too!  Pick a number, convert it to binary and there's your picks!  lol.  That's how I play those $25 NFL pick-em's.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 4:30 PM

DaddysKat:
    If you have over 255 friends,

Nice catch, Kat. 256 is an important number to a computer and I've always kept my friends list under it but never thought to associate it with the OP's problem. It surfaced a while ago in relation to complaints about friends not getting invites, status not showing or invites not getting through.  Over 255 and things get really weird. LOL

IIRC, Facebook players had some weird things going on with a similar problem, too.

• PAGES
RSS