Help › Forums

What shot do you use?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:24 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 3:11 PM

What club/shot do you use out of the F'n 60/70 weeds on Merion, to advance the ball more than a foot???

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 3:20 PM

never have that , cause I always carry  weed wacker

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 3:36 PM

I use the shortest punch shot and just hope to get into a more playable rough. Getting greedy does more harm in that stuff

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 3:37 PM

It's a bit-ch for sure, you can try punch with varying results. Most times a punched wedge will move the ball and i would forget about a par once in that stuff usually, and think easy Bogie and maybe make miracle par. You can exagerrate the problem real quick trying to make a hero shot.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 4:22 PM
  • jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 4:34 PM

I use the WD button!!  LOL!!

On a serious note can't say I have an answer other than what someone else said, find the shrotest distance to some relatively short grass or some other more favorable lie, which is anything,  and use a wedge punch.

Could depend on your wedges too. The high level cleves, and probably ATV;s, will have more success getting out of that stuff than a lower level wedge. Not that the outcome will be some brilliant shot, but if you can get into some normal rough or even the faiwrway you have a chance.

In some cases, hitting backwards or sideways might give you the best outcome.

Best advise I have is to just not hit into it, although I understand that sometimes it just happens!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:41 PM

DanManCan:

What club/shot do you use out of the F'n 60/70 weeds on Merion, to advance the ball more than a foot???

Sorry for my uncontrollable laughter - but...

I find this question quite hilarious seeing that you are a member of the ???? CC (you guys figure it out)...LMAO !!!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 2:05 AM

DanManCan:

If you have trouble getting out of there....   Don't get into the 90% rough....lol

I have no Idea of the shot you will use, but I just hit and hope really.

-Roger

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 10:47 AM

Yep. Even if you have to aim the shot back toward the tee.

Goal #1 is to have a better lie for your next shot, even if the lie is less deep rough.

Put the back spin dot in the middle of the ball, use your most lofted wedge, and use Punch or Full shot mode and a full swing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:42 AM

DanManCan:

A punch will always get you out. Forget distance and carry, aim to the closest part of the fairway and punch out with a wedge, full swing.

• PAGES
RSS