Forums

Help › Forums

Brackets!!!

Sat, May 17 2014 9:38 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RHudson6
    156 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 2:57 PM

i like the new bracket styles..but how does someone who shoots a 37 beat someone who shoots a 32 in a 9 hole round? both are legends...if there is a secret..i would like to know.

• LUXURIOUS
    11 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:35 AM

onto something else now , could WGT not perhaps at least give the winner of the "bracket tournament" some WGT Credits we are really playing for nothing here , and I think the players are going to stop taking part.

Regards

LUXURIOUS

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:51 AM

RHudson6:

i like the new bracket styles..but how does someone who shoots a 37 beat someone who shoots a 32 in a 9 hole round? both are legends...if there is a secret..i would like to know.

hi

do you have a screenshot of said bracket? 

-wgticon

• Xangel
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:34 PM

Happened to me too in 3 separate occasions (I have screenshots of 2 of them) in 18-hole bracket tournaments! 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 11:30 AM

hi

from what I can see is:

1. you posted same score as other party, so likely lost due to die breaker

2. you posted higher score than other party?

-wgticon

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 12:01 PM

I don't dig how a true 4th place isn't awarded.

you see, you can have all but one on one side of the bracket withdraw or not even play, yet the withdrawn player can get 4th while folks on the other side who actually do play get nothing for 2 wins or get to use any sort of count back.  Actually, there can probably be withdraws on an entire side and two players will still win coins.  seems suspect to say the least

also, tiered brackets would be better - 

• Xangel
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 6:58 PM

In the first case, even if I got tied to another player wouldn't that score count against a higher score? The other 2 players that got through scored a worse score than mine and I thought that in bracket mode best scores go through. 

In the second case a player that shot 69 got through while I who shot 67 didn't make the cut. 

The fact that I payed money for this is what bothers me the most, and a simple refund would suffice instead of trying to discredit me or find excuses as to what might have happened. Don;t get me wrong, and forgive my tone but I pay good money on this game, balls, ready-go's etc and I expect to get my money's worth. 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 3:32 PM

worse yet, a withdraw advances and even takes 4th away from one who plays - and, i'm not sure, but I think wgt keeps the 4th place credits as well.  double bad

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:16 PM

Xangel:

In the first case, even if I got tied to another player wouldn't that score count against a higher score? The other 2 players that got through scored a worse score than mine and I thought that in bracket mode best scores go through.

In the second case a player that shot 69 got through while I who shot 67 didn't make the cut.

The fact that I payed money for this is what bothers me the most, and a simple refund would suffice instead of trying to discredit me or find excuses as to what might have happened. Don;t get me wrong, and forgive my tone but I pay good money on this game, balls, ready-go's etc and I expect to get my money's worth. 

What should worry you most is your inability to figure out what a bracket is.

You are playing 1 player, 1, not 8, not 16, each round you are playing against the player in your "bracket" only. Ok since you don't know bracket, theres a 3/4 rectangle your name appears over or above your only opponent. Follow the line under your name to the name of your opponent that is either directly over or under your name. Repeat each round.

The word bracket is not decoration or some weird title for a tournament, it has a meaning.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:37 PM

Xangel:

It would seem that you don't understand yet that Brackets are knockout tournaments. You are only playing against the player next to you in the bracket. It doesn't matter what anyone else scores other than you and your opponent. Perhaps if WGT called them Knockouts it might result in less confusion.

In both cases you lost to your opponent, in the first case on countback, and so you were out. It's as simple as that. 

• PAGES
RSS