Forums

Help › Forums

Tips in these forums that set off fireworks for the game.

Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:08 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Proruff
    94 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:01 PM

For me?

Got my TM Daytona Rossa putter on recommendation, then ran across a nugget about multiplying your power by 1.05 outside of 10 feet, and 0.95 inside of 10 ft.  Still amazes me just how correct that is and how someone figured it out.

Check the reverse angle on putts.  There ARE tricky little bumps and such near the hole.

Know where to land your drive depending on wind conditions and hole placement.

How about a list of one or two per of little nuggets found in these forums that greatly improved your game dramatically (maybe to your surprise)......

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 8:09 AM

Proruff:
    Check the reverse angle on putts.  There ARE tricky little bumps and such near the hole.

In reverse view, move the aim marker a foot or two behind and in front of the hole to check for hidden up/down slope.

Use the chip view and move the putting grid around to read putts, especially if given an off angle view of the putt as is frequently the case on Kiawah for example.

Nice idea for a thread Proruff.

• AeriesTakaaki
    83 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 8:23 AM

How do you move the grid around please?.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:16 AM

Proruff:
    How about a list of one or two per of little nuggets found in these forums that greatly improved your game dramatically (maybe to your surprise)......

Replacing the flop shot with chips and pitches. Was the  key to getting Legend for me when the TM game got stale.

• lisalovesthesun
    185 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:56 AM

Learning to punch wedges was my best game changer.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 10:42 AM

Always pull the pin on approaches.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:25 AM

When the Pitch or Chip shot mode is selected, holding down the left mouse button with your cursor on the Aiming point/distance/elevation box displays a movable putting green grid as long as the aiming point is somewhere on or near a green.

To help smooth the swing meter - Use Task Manager to advantage.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 2:10 PM

To me, these two aids made the difference in putting:

Printable putter scales and ruler.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 2:46 PM

Great thread Idea!

The one thing that comes to mind that really helped me and I still use as a guide to this day is this Wind Chart >>> http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/57783.aspx Really helpful and helps as you move up tiers to better understand the effects of the wind.

Mes.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 3:43 PM

Most helpful tip I ever got was learn the flop shot.

A single 45 minute practice session learning, and writing down, distance my 64 degree wedge went full, punch, and flop from different lies is what got me to legend.

Dave 

• PAGES
RSS