Forums

Help › Forums

Bug - duplicated tournament

Tue, Aug 30 2016 1:37 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:21 PM

Just created a single country club tournament and WGT managed to duplicate the tournament.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

WGT doesn't allow you to delete a tournament that has been created. Understandably it pisses me off because there's an allocation limit and it doesn't look good.

My members are going to be confused about which tournament to enter. As the duplicated tournament is worth points in a league so this makes things more complicated. I can make an announcement but I'm more concerned about this being a recurring problem.

This is definitely a WGT bug so PLEASE can someone at WGT look into this and sort it out. Thanks

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:51 PM
    I've had that a few times. You know it's coming when the tourney takes an age to load. It's time we were given more tournament slots. 15 frees would be good or even 12.
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 1:54 AM

courteneyfish:
    It's time we were given more tournament slots. 15 frees would be good or even 12.

I'd be happy if they'd allow us to delete or edit free tournaments. Understandably they couldn't do this where credits are involved.

Of course fixing the bug is priority #1 but  I think 12 tournament slots sounds good too :)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:53 AM

hi

I haven't heard much about it... As for removing tournaments, it's not as easy as it seems... I been requesting that for a while but I am not sure if it'll happen anytime soon.

I am assuming it happens when you press a button and it did it twice... maybe due to lag or something else?

-wgticon

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:38 PM

WGTicon:
    I am assuming it happens when you press a button and it did it twice... maybe due to lag or something else?

Thanks for your reply Icon.

From the user end nothing was done wrong the create button is only pressed once and as courteneyfish said it takes a while to load and then suddenly 2 tournaments appear instead of one.

By looking at the time the tournament starts and ends you can tell the duplicate error is a WGT bug, as it would be impossible for a user to create those tournaments simultaneously with identical start/end times.

It may be due to lag or something else but I really hope WGT will be able to fix this bug to stop it from happening again and again.

If not they should at least allow users the control to remove free entry  tournaments created due to WGT error.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:48 PM
    It would also be nice if some country club owners had working controls. Sorry to bring it up again but it's getting on for 2 years and still nothing has been done.
  • MAXPOWER888
    434 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 12:11 PM

WGTicon:

hi

I haven't heard much about it... As for removing tournaments, it's not as easy as it seems... I been requesting that for a while but I am not sure if it'll happen anytime soon.

-wgticon

I saw this happen at my club recently. What I have personally experienced since the last couple of updates is a significant increase in the lack of functionality of WGT links including the "post" button in both CC & regular forums. What pops up instead is the "This page cannot be displayed" or one of the cute WGT frost or other 'unavailable' pages. Often the post has happened and can be confirmed by re-entering the forum page from the top but sometimes it just doesn't happen (which is why I now routinely copy my posts before hitting the post button so if it doesn't 'take' I don't have to retype the whole post again). What really shocked/surprised me is that after the 2nd last or last update this 'bug/infection/whatever' is now even affecting the WGT pro shop making it difficult to purchase or gift virtual items & send my credits back to WGT. After 2, 3, 4 or 5 tries or reloading the game client it usually goes through but it is thoroughly frustrating and a real pain in the neck when it is happening & quite often leads to damaged computer equipment and ongoing marital strife.

Also, at about the same time, the "preview" option prior to making a post (both in CC & regular forums) is no longer working (it simply shows the new post as blank).

Gotta say I love this game but it is unfortunate & off putting when it doesn't work as good as everyone knows it could and should.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 3:55 AM

I can report today that this is still an issue.  I created a CC tourney, hit the button ONCE and the tourney was created twice.  This has happened once before recently within our CC. It is sporadic but it is still happening.

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 4:06 AM

A few months ago this duplication bug hit our club pretty frequently. Maybe for a quarter of our tournaments. At least for us its has not happened recently. This seems another bug that the WGT development team could not fix for several yearsl.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:28 AM

Two years five months unfixed - that's a long time!

It only became more severe when the "Add to Purse" feature was introduced: Imagine to have any donation taken twice from your account!

Ms. Fish once posted a user's workaround: If the confirmation of the new tournament is delayed more than usual, X out the window. With some luck, it may have been created only once.

• PAGES
RSS