Help › Forums

How to find out the number of ranked games played at legend tier

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 5 2015 12:09 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:34 PM

Does anyone here knows how to find out the number of ranked games played as a legend? Thanks for any responses.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 7:05 PM

sorry, but its a case of keeping your own record :-(

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 7:50 PM

Mushy01:
    sorry, but its a case of keeping your own record :-(

Yep(:

And also remember that BoP3/5s do not count for saturation purposes.  Only say as some still think they might.  WGT stats are not generally any where near as useful as they should be mos agree.  

FWIW though, remembering saturation average shows only the average of best ever 500 RRs shot within Legend tier,  it's easy to spot the instant it comes.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 12:42 AM

MARKDMK:

Does anyone here knows how to find out the number of ranked games played as a legend? Thanks for any responses.

No way for a saturated average, i.e. more than 500 rounds counting.

Are you sure that you aren't saturated yet? Have you ever experienced inexplicably high moves in the average? Did the average ever drop from rounds above the number?

Before saturation, a quick shot may be possible by one extreme result. Note the average in the game client(!), play nine holes (not on Par3 or Par5!) with at least
    5 shots more than usual, note the gross score and the new average.
    BTW: 5 shots less works fine, too :)

(2*score - average) / average-change is an educated guess at the number of rounds.

A better estimate is possible with some maths in a spreadsheet:

The average variation is caused by scores and by the number of rounds, the 100th round having more immediate effect (x/100) than the 400th (x/400). Thus, a series of scores will reveal where you are.

Note the gross scores and the average before and after a few rounds (not on Par3 or Par5) and fit them together in a serial average calculation, starting from different round numbers. A few voluntary big deviations will help to make the result quite precise after - say - 10 rounds.

Edit: Don't forget to double any 9 hole scores.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 4:49 PM

Alosso is correct.

I figured what the heck; as I have not replied to one of these in awhile.

Yes, there is a way to figure it out and yes you need a good spreadsheet or program to figure it out.

I developed one last February (2013) and have run it for 7 members of my CC that were in your boat.

In each case I came within 3 of their actual number after 10 rounds and on 2 of them the exact number.

What you have to understand when making your calculations is 2 things:

1) Both the number of rounds and the total number of strokes taken for those rounds are whole numbers.

BUT

2) Since WGT only shows an average to two decimal points.  XX.xx  After 100 rounds there are 3 possible total strokes taken divided by the whole number of rounds that yield the same two decimal point average that WGT shows us.

So basically the spreadsheet or program has to be designed to check all 3 possible # of strokes for every potential number of rounds between 200 and 500 so that when a new score is posted those combinations that do not yield the new ending average shown by WGT are eliminated from consideration.

Within 7 - 12 rounds you know for sure +/- one of the actual number of rounds. 7 rounds if you post scores way off your average and 12 I you post scores closer to your average.

Ed

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 7:41 PM

Would be too easy for WGT to let you know, they have all your other stats. They damn sure know when it's time to buy another sleeve. Sorry, just a little cranky tonight. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:06 PM

Thank you for the insight, Ed. I play it rather simple, by trial-and-error.

renniw52:
    Would be too easy for WGT to let you know, they have all your other stats. They damn sure know [...]
    Excuse me for cutting off your words, but I agree to this snippet.

OTOH, you know that they don't talk too much about the average calculation, they don't want anyone looking over their shoulders, so why make this calculation more transparent?

Furtheron, it's costs without revenue.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 2:27 AM

Why worry how far or close to saturation u are.if u wish to protect ur average whilst still entering tournies then OK, but if all u want is saturation, what does that give ya.

You are only on the long lonely road to TL.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:27 AM

alosso:
    Furtheron, it's costs without revenue.

Don't be so sure of that......

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:45 AM

MARKDMK:

Just a suggestion; have you tried contacting WGT and asking them if they can tell you?

What's the worst that can happen? They say no?

• PAGES
RSS